ok i just need help with some lingo here because i don't want to mess anything up. i was prompted to copy a file to the directory that i installed the program in. is this telling me to copy the file to like the actual program file in program files? i'm using windows xp btw.
Quote by kauff
ok i just need help with some lingo here because i don't want to mess anything up. i was prompted to copy a file to the directory that i installed the program in. is this telling me to copy the file to like the actual program file in program files? i'm using windows xp btw.

I assume you know what copying is.

A directory is another word for a folder.

The directory where you installed the program is therefore the folder where the program is installed.

So it's telling you to copy the file to the folder where the program is installed.
Quote by dark&broken
I assume you know what copying is.

A directory is another word for a folder.

The directory where you installed the program is therefore the folder where the program is installed.

So it's telling you to copy the file to the folder where the program is installed.

which would be under program files? thats where all files of installed programs are right?
Quote by kauff
which would be under program files? thats where all files of installed programs are right?

Probably, but not necessarily.

If the program is in your start menu, right click on the thing that you would click on to start in (in the start menu) and click on open file location. That should bring you to it.

Or you can just go through your program files and look for it, just remember that it might be a folder with the company name, then inside that a folder with hte program name. It all depends.

You'll have to look for it yourself.