Page 1 of 3
Like bad manners at dinner, there are songs you shouldn't play at a music store. What songs at a shop make the cashiers cringe, salespeople sour and make dealers dread the thought of them.

You get the idea.

Go!
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Stairway, for some reason. It has such a beautiful intro, and yet I get yelled at for playing it. I like the way it sounds, damnit!
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Theres like a fourteen page thread about this somewhere.

Sweet Child O' Mine, Most Metallica songs (we get it, you can play the Master of Puppets riff...), Stairway, smells like teen spirit, don't sweep if you can't (not that I can but that's part of the reason I know it sounds bad), so many more
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Stairway to Heaven
Back In Black
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Enter Sandman
Master of Puppets
Smoke on the Water
Iron Man
Paranoid
Crazy Train (unless you know the whole thing WELL)
Eruption
Sweet Child o' Mine.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by JWD32792

My bad I looked at the first two pages of "Not to play" in the search bar and I got nothing.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
I Cum Blood
Smoke On The Water
and house of the rising sun (YO NOOB AND YOUR CHORDS!)
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by Shinozoku
Stairway to Heaven
Back In Black
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Enter Sandman
Master of Puppets
Smoke on the Water
Iron Man
Paranoid
Crazy Train (unless you know the whole thing WELL)
Eruption
Sweet Child o' Mine.

But thats all I know how to play

I'm lying
i find it ridiculous that ppl cringe when you play some songs in the store. You are a potential customer , let me play what i want.
um i played the intro of "make them suffer" by cannibal corpse... got yelled at by some hippie dude rofl.

also played dying fetus one shot one kill with two friends (song itself is mad easy) and we played it on almost max volume. Then we had like 3 metalheads headbanging rofl. There were these parents with their little kid, and they said to their son, "do you want to become like them? ugh wasted teens." kid said, "they look cool though" hell yeah

good times... now I don't play in music stores anymore
sandman
crazy train
eruption tapping riff
iron man
smoke on the water
most songs from guitar hero

just imporv and you wont sound like a noob.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
No Eruption?! why not
.....wait
*reminds self of butchery by noobs*
*facepalm*
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
stairway and puppets are already covered...another big no-no: DONT SING IF YOU CANT. i get yelled at for that alot lol
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

Quote by JWD32792

Sweet Child O' Mine, Most Metallica songs (we get it, you can play the Master of Puppets riff...), Stairway, smells like teen spirit, don't sweep if you can't (not that I can but that's part of the reason I know it sounds bad), so many more

But its ok to sweep if you can sweep?
Any covers. Do something original dammit! Unless you're trying out a delay. In which case you have full right to play any U2 song.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
Quote by necrosis1193
Any covers. Do something original dammit! Unless you're trying out a delay. In which case you have full right to play any U2 song.

hahaha
signed,
your favorite poster
or ataris. kris roe uses like three reverbs at once.
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

I played alot of Metallica sh it and was fine. Some little kid came up to me and was like "holy crap, are you gonna buy that guitar? You're really good." I mostly improvise and sh it last time I went
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Enter sand man
Raining blood
Iron man
Smoke on water
Given up
Sweet dreams
-----------------------------------------
just play ur own music peoples
harmonics and divebombs
crank up a 1000 watt amp and do it they just love it
People bitched at me for playing my balls to the walls awesome 58 minute rendition of Hey There Delilah, EVEN ON THE OBOE SOLO, I was personally appalled by their attitude.
*Insert witty boisterous relic of seemingly useless allegory for means of simply amusing a random personage*

My babies:

Epiphone Les Paul (Honeyburst)
Fender MiM Strat (Classic Black/White)
Epiphone Riviera (Wine Red)
i'm not trying to be funny. i'm dead serious.
anything by tokio hotel.
i dont know how the people know it, but somehow they realize what you're playing, and they stare you down.

unholy confessions gets really annoying quick, too.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
"You Made Me Realise" by My Bloody Valentine. Nothing three tritones to have everyone telling you can't play.
i really dont see what the big deal is about playing whatever song you want to play, your just there to try out a guitar or amp to see if you want it, its not like your competing who can play the song the best or if you just butchered the song who cares. And for the volume, always crank it up when you play it, its just like a car when your buying. You burn off with the car to see if anything happens, if nothing bad happens then its in good shape, but if it craps out then you know your getting a lemon. With and amp crank it up play some heavy ass power chord and it craps out then its a crap amp. Its whatever i just dont see whats the big deal with playing whatever you want.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
^from a workers point of view-

imagine you're working at a guitar shop. and all you hear all day long is the intro to stairway, sweet child, or any other huge 70's, 80's song.
it doesn't matter if you love the song, it's going to get annoying.

that's the way i see it.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Crazy Train
Enter Sandman
One
Stairway to Heaven
Raining Blood
Walk
Iron Man
Smoke on the Water
Eruption
Master Of Puppets
Sweet Child Of Mine

Basically any popular song.
Quote by mikko 9119
^from a workers point of view-

imagine you're working at a guitar shop. and all you hear all day long is the intro to stairway, sweet child, or any other huge 70's, 80's song.
it doesn't matter if you love the song, it's going to get annoying.

that's the way i see it.

yeah i see your point, but i USED to be a cashier a long time ago, and I always hated getting bitchy ass people who wanted to be pampered, but to be completely honest, it was a job, i HAVE to deal with stuff i dont want to, if i dont like it, then i quit and get a new job.

Now I dont have to worry about that, I work in a monitoring room where i make sure the plant block dosent blow to **** and we dont all die. So basically what im saying is, if you work there you have to deal with everything you dont like, so you have to get used to it.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
there were these metal heads near me the other day playing on Line 6... and they were blaring so i just kept playing the Californication riff louder and they went away... then went back to improvising... at a lower volume of course...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
"Mary had a Little Lamb". Heard it on three occasions in a GC. You should be thrown out if you play this.
unless its the SRV version right?
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Quote by BGrem261
unless its the SRV version right?

Right, but it was the most basic version. Like only using the B and E strings individually to get the notes, played all choppy and with bad timing.

edit- LOL ya it was nowhere close to this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaX7Y1GQl5w
Last edited by bigfoamfinger at Mar 5, 2009,
I learned that playing country licks and chords, brandi carlile stuff, bob dylan stuff and deirks bently stuff with a strat on a fender amp gets you laughed at pretty easily. 'cept by the cute girl working the guitar section at GC, then you get the smile.

The bass area is where I have a lot of problems. Don't slap that bass if you don't know how, you just sound retarded when you try. Don't play Longview, blink 182 songs or anything like that. Don't try Jaco if you're not good or aren't going to play a dumbed down version and don't play the fretless basses if you can't. That's where I have the biggest issues. On the guitar side of the store, I don't have any qualms with what people play.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Honestly does it matter? Your testing an amp, guitar, or accessory play whatever you feel you need to to test it properly. Most of the other customers I doubt you are ever going to see them again so who cares what they think.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Most ac/dc songs. It's not that I don't love ac/dc. There songs are just too damn easy.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Page 1 of 3