Quick question for everyone, how long was it before you could play scales, and there different modes with arpeggios fast and clean without thinking about it, im asking because i learnt c major and its modes and can play them all but i still cant solo fluidly form one mode to the other and now im learning pentatonic scales and its modes and arpeggios for a minor, to me i feel like im learning all these bits and pieces but i still cant put it all together so it sounds like a musical piece, so im asking when did it click for you or when did it all start just sounding good.
You see, in the final analysis,
it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.
im self taught for the record
you just have to mess around with them enough and get a feel for them and it will start to come to you
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
the time it takes it's proportional to the time you practice. And it's not only to play it, but to use it, while improvising or writing a song.

The way of being able to play something is practicing., If you practice enough, you will play it in no time.

Also, on how to aplly this stuff: you must learn songs to see how your favorite artists or bands use this sceles and modes you are learning, and you can apply them in your own things. Also, learning songs is fun, guitar is not just about learning a lot of stuff, but having fun doing something you like.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Mar 5, 2009,
i take classes lol i actually like it my teachers chill though so its not like some old guy we like the same music n **** but yeah i guess i have to just mess around with it and it will fall in place
Quote by technical death
self taught here as well. classes are gay they make you do same stuff for weeks until you actually play a real song

my bass teacher made me play seize the day for my first song when i could already play afterlife
Hey HarrySidhu - How you doing!

Here's something that works for some people, and it sure worked for me. It sounds SO simple but most people don't bother, but it's what got me good real fast. Play SLOWLY, really slowly, and practice taking out any movements that shouldn't be in your playing. Play each scale 8 times without making a mistake back to back at 60 bps, i.e., 60 notes a minute.

When you've done this a few times notch up the metronome or drum machine to 72 then 82, 92, 112 etc. And EACH THIME make sure there are no unnecessary movements.

Remember, guitar playing is an athletic skill so get your core technique right and you'll get fast real fast.

Let me know if this helps and how you get on.

damian5
im doing that now only without a metronome but yeah im gonna start using one
guitar pro is better
just turn down the bpm and its way easier than the other way
Quote by satcre3
guitar pro is free if your a pro like me

teach me your ways master
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Torrent it while ur at it torrent movies music games and everything else that cost money lol
Quote by HarrySidhu
Quick question for everyone, how long was it before you could play scales, and there different modes with arpeggios fast and clean without thinking about it, im asking because i learnt c major and its modes and can play them all but i still cant solo fluidly form one mode to the other and now im learning pentatonic scales and its modes and arpeggios for a minor, to me i feel like im learning all these bits and pieces but i still cant put it all together so it sounds like a musical piece, so im asking when did it click for you or when did it all start just sounding good.

You can't solo because you don't understand what it is you're trying to solo over, how and why scales work and when to use them.

Like I said in your earlier threads you're getting way ahead of yourself and trying to do stuff that requires months, if not YEARS of groundwork and musical experience. Learning a load of patterns means nothing and you HAVEN'T learned modes yet, you've just been taught the major scale several times over and that's the fault of your crappy teacher.

Stop rushing and go back to the beginning because at the moment you're going nowhere fast.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 6, 2009,
Quote by technical death
self taught here as well. classes are gay they make you do same stuff for weeks until you actually play a real song

Yeah I'm self taught as well. I took a class once ... just a prerequisite so I can get into Music Theory...that teacher was wack...he would make us play the same chords over and over and everybody there loved it..the second I doubled the strumming or put a lil solo in the mix he yelled at me to stop...and that was probably why I taught myself.
Quote by satcre3
guitar pro is free if your a pro like me

Quote by satcre3
HAHA :P
one word bittorrent

yupyup I rememeber when I got CakeWalk guitar Tracks free back when I was 14...I haven't stopped since. haha