Hey I found a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier Solo Head for $1200(CAD) used on craigslist is this a good deal, and is it good for teh br00talz?
Between the buried and me, august burns red, TDWP, Death ect type of br00talz im looking for a nice heavy tone
Quote by jacksonuser123
Between the buried and me, august burns red, TDWP, Death ect type of br00talz im looking for a nice heavy tone

So more of a tight tone than a chuggy tone????
If you play prog, a Mark III/IV would be better for dist. and clean, and everything inbetween.
perfect for abr and btbam, awesome distortion, might need 2 noise gates, 1 atleast if u want more distortion less buzz. i have 2 decimators, cuts the hum noise 3/4

you should probably play some of the amps ur looking at at a store to find one you like tonewise, then find it cheaper else where

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Last edited by deafening at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by bulletrocks522
So more of a tight tone than a chuggy tone????
If you play prog, a Mark III/IV would be better for dist. and clean, and everything inbetween.

Yes exactly, there is a Mark III for $900 and a IV for $1200 what would be the best out of those 2?
Dual Rectifier is also probably a better choice than a triple, in hindsight, first hand experience, less hum on the dual

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
that's a sick price, definitely a heavy amp, there may be a bit too much "flab" for your liking, but try it out and you might like it.

If it is in good condition you could re-sell it for a lot more then that. 1200 CAD is less then 950 american dollars

EDIT: Jump on that Mark IV if you can, that would be ideal for your styles, and is an extremely versatile amp.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Last edited by funkymonkz at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by funkymonkz
that's a sick price, definitely a heavy amp, there may be a bit too much "flab" for your liking, but try it out and you might like it.

If it is in good condition you could re-sell it for a lot more then that. 1200 CAD is less then 950 american dollars

Yea its making it hard to buy off of musicians friend and all of my local dealers dont have anything good or its WAYYY overpriced, so used is basically my only choice
Quote by jacksonuser123
Alright bro thanks for the help

Check profile for clips, thats all Mark III right there.
Quote by jacksonuser123
Yea man I was just listening to that talent show song sounds pritty sick

Thanks
BTW, just to kill any second thoughts of the Recto, they are very loose, flabby, and muddy.
Quote by bulletrocks522
Thanks
BTW, just to kill any second thoughts of the Recto, they are very loose, flabby, and muddy.

Thats all opinion

I am sick of the UG Recto bandwagon hate because of the looser chugging low end. With an overdrive pedal, that **** is as tight as a VHT...**** sakes no one tries these things

Im not disagreeing that another amp might be better....in fact....a VHT Deliverance would be perfect.

ABR used them on the last tour...SICK amps.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Thats all opinion

I am sick of the UG Recto bandwagon hate because of the looser chugging low end. With an overdrive pedal, that **** is as tight as a VHT...**** sakes no one tries these things

Im not disagreeing that another amp might be better....in fact....a VHT Deliverance would be perfect.

ABR used them on the last tour...SICK amps.

FYI, i HAVE tried one. And he doesnt have and OD, plus Rectos are better for metalcore/nu-metal and usually not tight enough for fast stuff like BTBAM and ABR.
Quote by bulletrocks522
FYI, i HAVE tried one. And he doesnt have and OD, plus Rectos are better for metalcore/nu-metal and usually not tight enough for fast stuff like BTBAM and ABR.

Are you kidding me? You know BTBAM played racktifiers right?

Rectos are very tweaky, more so than you'd think. The tone controls interact with eachother in abnormal ways, and the volume knob changes the sound hugely. "Trying" one and writing it off as only good for Linkin Park is retarded.
Last edited by Say Ocean at Mar 6, 2009,
Quote by deafening
perfect for abr and btbam, awesome distortion, might need 2 noise gates, 1 atleast if u want more distortion less buzz. i have 2 decimators, cuts the hum noise 3/4

you should probably play some of the amps ur looking at at a store to find one you like tonewise, then find it cheaper else where

Are you putting two in front of the amp or one in the loop and one in front? You shouldnt need two.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Say Ocean

Rectos are very tweaky, more so than you'd think. The tone controls interact with eachother in abnormal ways, and the volume knob changes the sound hugely. "Trying" one and writing it off as only good for Linkin Park is retarded.

BTBAM plays Recto Roadkings don't they? and I think they use some sort of O/D to tighten it up. But yeah their live tone ****ing slays, it's all about EQing properly and everything.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Quote by signedinbloodnz
BTBAM plays Recto Roadkings don't they? and I think they use some sort of O/D to tighten it up. But yeah their live tone ****ing slays, it's all about EQing properly and everything.

Roadking> dual and triple solo heads combined.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Quote by Rooskiy
Roadking> dual and triple solo heads combined.

The modern and vintage channels are from the recto series...the only difference is the clean/fat and tweed/brit are from the lonestar. Thats the only difference
Quote by Brendan.Clace
The modern and vintage channels are from the recto series...the only difference is the clean/fat and tweed/brit are from the lonestar. Thats the only difference

Thats a pretty big ****ing diffrerence....
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Quote by Rooskiy
Thats a pretty big ****ing diffrerence....

when all you want to play is metal and death metal, not really......

I'm not saying that the lonestar cleans arent nice, im just saying, he wants it for metal, and he can save himself about $900 US by going with a Triple Recto
Quote by Say Ocean

this
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by signedinbloodnz

Now, I'm pretty sure they're still using some combo of the Thunderverb 200 and another amp, maybe a roadking. But they used to tour and record with racktifiers (old 2 channel rackmounted rectos).
Quote by Say Ocean
Now, I'm pretty sure they're still using some combo of the Thunderverb 200 and another amp, maybe a roadking. But they used to tour and record with racktifiers (old 2 channel rackmounted rectos).

I saw the DVD, the rhythm guitarist, dustie, uses a recto roadking.

The lead guitarist, paul, used rack gear.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1