Hi guys,
I've been playing quite alot with my band lately and that keeps me constantly moving with the guitar in the gigbag on my back. I love this guitar and I don't want anything bad happening to it. The thing is I'm concerned how will this moving around so often affect the guitar. I feel that there is a tension on the neck when I'm just walking around with it on my back so I generally don't wear it in that way but hold is as a suitcase. Lately I've considered buying a hardcase and I was wondering, will my RGR fit in a strat/telecaster hard case? And also, is it worth it to buy a hardcase and will it make any real difference? Sorry for this noobish question, but I'm uncertain and I wanted to consult with the pros .
Last edited by martinbg at Mar 5, 2009,
lol im sure as hell not a pro....but yea i advise a hardshell case
and u can get a ibanez hardshell case for like 100$
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Hard cases are the way to go. Max protection of your guitar. It's the way to go.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
Yes it should fit, because it's essentially the same body, go for hardshell, the stronger the better, which usually means a couple more bucks, just do it, for the added whatever the hell you gets with them it's probably worth it, what case are you looking at?
Is the case molded to the shape of a strat? if so,I doubt an RG would fit since it has a slightly different body shape,but if the case is a universal style fit then it probably would.You'd just be better off either buying an Ibanez HSC or a universal fit case like a gator or SKB.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Well I'm considering something like this -> HardCase

Also I found this very cheap thing that costs as much as my gigbagl lol, I'm not sure how good or durable it is seeing it costs around 40 bucks, it's made out of chrome -> CheapCase

Thank you guys for your advice.
Is the universally shaped case any worse than a case modeled specially for a certain model?
Last edited by martinbg at Mar 5, 2009,
The first one looks decent,but the second one looks like you could put your foot through it with a good kick.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I'm not very sure how to build a guitar hard case
I think I'm going to go for an universal hard case, they cost around 50 euro.
You can get RG cases from Ibanez. They aren't cheap, so you're going to have to not be a cheap-ass.