I´m thinking on getting a new guitar but im stuck. These are my options:
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe with Emgs

You can suggest too but the price range is above 1000 bucks.And no floyd rose or tremolo.
I play metal, hard rock, modern rock and bands like AC/DC, Metallica, Guns 'N Roses, Sum 41, Blink-182, Linkin Park, Nirvana, etc.
sg would be good, but the esp is a little metal for the bands you listed there from my experiance, you may wanna try a gibby lp, or something like that
~Defiant~
SYN GATES CUSTOM SYN GATES CUSTOM SYN GATES CUSTOM
or the Rusty Rhoads 24 black and red
Well, these are my favorite brands along with some recommended guitars. Most of these are below 1000 dollars because I feel that they're great guitars and a lot of guitars past $1000 is probably overpriced.

Ibanez (S470 or ICT700)
Jackson (RR5 or KE1)
Shecter (C-1)
Agile (Ghost Pro Six String)
Are you still using the Epiphone Studio 15r amp? You may want to invest some of that $1000 on a proper amp. It will do far more towards your tone. At minimum grab a B52 AT112 with $360 of it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Are you still using the Epiphone Studio 15r amp? You may want to invest some of that $1000 on a proper amp. It will do far more towards your tone. At minimum grab a B52 AT112 with $360 of it.

Actually my parents are gonna give me a vox 30vt soon so im asking for the guitar.
Thank you anyway
Quote by gregs1020

First smart question and suggestion in this thread.

If you have a crap amp then getting an expensive guitar doesn't make much sense.The majority of your tone comes from your amp and your playing skills,so upgrading to a nice tube amp would be a good idea if you still play through a low end solid state combo.You could get the B-52 like gregs suggested and an LTD EC-500 with duncan passives and be all set.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by carlosyugui
Thanks guys.
Any more suggestions?

What's your overall budget?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by carlosyugui
I think max is $1200-$1300

Then don't get the Vox. It's a good amp but you can do a lot better. I realize your parents are getting the amp, talk them out of it. A $1000 guitar through a $250 amp is a "you're doing it wrong" moment.

Spend more on the amp, you'll be glad you did. There are plenty of good $750 guitars.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'd suggest looking into a Schecter C-1 classic model,or maybe a C-1 Blackjack,and then taking the rest of your budget ($400-$600) and getting a nice tube combo.You can get some really nice amps for that price on the used market,then there are amps like the B-52 we suggested earlier which are cheap but put out a good sound.

I think the best choice is going to guitar center and just see which fits my style :P
Last edited by carlosyugui at Mar 5, 2009,