i have a stratocaster and when i bend strings it pulls on the tremolo bridge and has a whammy bar effect. my guitar teacher recommended getting new springs in case theyre worn out. i got new springs and updated from 3 to 5 springs but nothing changed...any suggestions?
Quote by The Front FOrum Page
NO guitar-related questions

you'll get a great answer if you repost your question in the forum specifically created for the electric guitar.

also make sure to read the faq's and the rules before making another thread, because they just may answer your question

enjoy your stay!
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Hi GT_Baller.

Go to the thread Jenny made in the Electric Guitar forum: The ULTIMATE Guitar Setup Q and A thread
The thread is stickied at the top of that forum.
Look at the picture and increase the tension by tightening the screws.
If you're still having problems, post in that thread.

Good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by GT_Baller
i have a stratocaster and when i bend strings it pulls on the tremolo bridge and has a whammy bar effect. my guitar teacher recommended getting new springs in case theyre worn out. i got new springs and updated from 3 to 5 springs but nothing changed...any suggestions?

Lol I had an even worse problem on the whammy where it actually broke OFF the bridge, costing me $40-50 just for repair. Now I just ignore the bridge.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE