I'm going to get new guitar strings tomorrow and I want to know which gauges to get because first off I'm going to get a lighter gauge because the ones I have now are too big and I also want to lower the action by about 1 or 2mm which I know how to do.

My current strings are Gibson J-200 .013-.056 and I keep having to keep my guitar tuned down a whole step and put a capo on the second fret because the strings get too tense when I tune it to standard.

I just want strings that sound rich and aren't too tense when in standard or too springy when tunes down a whole step.
or you could build up your finger strength and play guitar the standard way....

acoustics are hard to push down, deal with it. They aren't like electrics where you have the action as low as possible to play speed licks and stuff like that.. it's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Uh, those are some pretty big strings, you have a valid issue. I play mediums too, but you'd probably find some lights from Martin or DR to be much easier to play. I'd think carefully about adjusting the action though. It might be a good idea to leave the ends of the strings long, tune to pitch, then play as is. THEN, if the action is too high, lower the action. Unless of course its just ridiculously high (most people tell me my guitars are), i'd leave it, because you sacrifice tone and volume for that ease of playing that comes from lowering strings.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by FightinIrishPJ
or you could build up your finger strength and play guitar the standard way....

acoustics are hard to push down, deal with it. They aren't like electrics where you have the action as low as possible to play speed licks and stuff like that.. it's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...

Words of wisdom. You sir are wise indeed.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
It's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...