what's the best tubes for a 5150 ll if your looking for good heart thumping controlled bass, darker tone, and good highs without making your ears bleed. my stock tubes are too bright and the bass is a tad bit muddy while playing in drop tune. vader cab is on the way. i need to re-tube before ditching amp or buying od's and eq pedals.
Quote by hotdog_warmcat
JJ, imo

i would go that route but alot of their tubes have been shipping D.O.A. euro tubes arent burning in the tubes before shipping. i hate having to buy something then have to ship it back.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You could try:

dougstubes.com
tubedepot.com
thetubestore.com

Also look into Mullards.

Wait are you getting new tubes to sell or to try to make amp work better for you?

make the amp work better... it has the original stock tubes... which are crap!!!
JJs sound best in Peaveys imo, but SEDs are worth a look. I like Dougstubes, he ships crazy fast and is always great on answering questions and helping you out, but it's personal preference.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
JJs sound best in Peaveys imo, but SEDs are worth a look. I like Dougstubes, he ships crazy fast and is always great on answering questions and helping you out, but it's personal preference.

only thing i dont like about doug is he recommended 4 different tubes for my amp...
ruby's(power tubes) tung jj and some other chinese made tube for the pre amps. i guess he knows what he's talking about. i really wanna try jj's but i dont want a doa
On mine I use boogie tubes. Now let me say the mesa boogie tubes are just rebranded tubes but I'm not sure what they are rebranded from. All I know is they sound the best in the 6505 out of all the tubes I've tried over the years.
JJ's. Never had a problem with them, and I usually run them over spec in some form (too high voltage, current, etc)...
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by shark slime
only thing i dont like about doug is he recommended 4 different tubes for my amp...
ruby's(power tubes) tung jj and some other chinese made tube for the pre amps. i guess he knows what he's talking about. i really wanna try jj's but i dont want a doa

That's the point.

By mixing preamp tubes you get something that you can work with. If you get all the same brand in the preamp, you can't do anything about it except buy new ones if you're not liking a particular part about it. With different brands in there, you can swap em around to your heart's content.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com