Page 1 of 2
do you cockblock or tity-hug your strap?

(horrible terms, but that is what my friends call it).

i have mine rather high, just below the breast most of the time, i don't see how people can play with their straps so low and not get carpal tunnel syndrome warping their wrist in such an angle.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Why is that even relevant to anything in the entire world? Who cares?

(Yeah that's right, I don't even use a strap, I stick the damn guitar right up my ass. Stays right where I want it.)
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
just above the knees
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Excluding my profile picture, I'm usually TOm Morello.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Both my straps are relatively high, but not too high. I like having easy access to upper frets.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by x_thurston_x

(Yeah that's right, I don't even use a strap, I stick the damn guitar right up my ass. Stays right where I want it.)

holy fuck, where the fuck did that come from
I have mine high but not too high, just so its comfortable.
It's usually centered on my belt buckle if it's acoustic. Little higher for electric.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by Tyranus-3121
just above the knees

This.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
right in between or right in front of my junk
depends on what mood I'm in
...Your Mom...

GEAR:
Schecter C-1
Ovation Celebrity CC44
Line 6 Spider III 2x10 120 watt (ugh...)
Johnson J-Station
Bunch of Danelectro Pedals

geez, what a dick...

anyway, i usually keep it kinda high. who the hell decided it was cool to keep it low anyway?? why make it harder to play somethin?
Quote by Diablo1986
geez, what a dick...

anyway, i usually keep it kinda high. who the hell decided it was cool to keep it low anyway?? why make it harder to play somethin?

Didn't read the fine print did you punk??

Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I have mine hang just above my searchbar.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by Faux
With the neck at neck level so i can neck while i neck.

Why did I find this funny?

Anyways, mines like these guys but a tad lower. Look badass and shred at the same time.
With my acoustic, the strings run about parallel to the bottom of my ribcage if you're holding it perfectly horizontal, it sits fairly high.

On my electric they're about parallel with my waist, low enough that it ALMOST covers my crotch region, but not quite.

To shamelessly allude to my own thread, the former is the guitar that I hit myself in the face with.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
high up like jp
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by Diablo1986
geez, what a dick...

Fall Out Boy invented it when they found out all their fans were 13 year old girls.
Same position as it would be if I were sitting down.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Between my waist and my sternum.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
i keep it just about touching my waist and below the breast area [lol]
so its low enough for me to comfortably play with the neck slightly angled up.
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
my bass is usually at the lowest possible for the strap.
my guitar is usually just around the belly button.
when i play my friends les paul, its damn low...usually cause thats how he plays. but i like les pauls low for some reason. its so much easier for me to play.

Basically this.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

i'm pretty tall, so i have my strap fully extended. it actually ends up about where i want it, though i'm not sure if i originally wanted it that way or if i just got used to it whatever works. really low guitars bug me though. when they're really high, they can look pretty dorky, but i would still prefer it to too low.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I don't need a strap, my penis holds up my guitar.

Well actually, I play like at Beatles height, above the belt line. It works better than when I used to do the Jimmy Page thing.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
When I was in music school, we actually had a lecture dealing with posture, stretching, and wearing a strap. They taught that you should adjust your strap, so that the guitar stays in the same position whether you're sitting or standing. Which generally means it's going to be a little higher than most of the rockers you see.
There's my way and the wrong way.
Page 1 of 2