Good evening boys and girls, I come with a question.

I am trying to get a close friend of mine into the Bass. I am no Bass-er myself, but l certainly have enough skill to hold my own.
Now, my friend is neither hyper interested nor fully disinterested in the bass. My question is, how does one make a person more interested or excited about learning?
Damn, when i clicked on this it reminded me if Tales from the crypt.
"Good evening boys and girls"

However if he's not interested maybe you could bribe him . >.>
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
I think it's different for most people.
you could show him vids of really good bass players that he likes or just vids of really good bass players.
When I heard Cliff Burton play anesthesia pulling teeth, it made me want to learn to play it, which made want to learn how to really play bass.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Does the friend have any interest in playing bass or are you just trying to get them into it? If they don't want to play for themselves I don't know how much luck you're going to have getting them into it...
You cant force someone to play something but you can help them if they want to learn to play. Get him an easy song that he likes teach him the techniques to play it then teach him to play the song. I like to keep songs as goals to keep in mind I actually have a list on my computer of stuff that I want to learn. Learning a favorite song really makes you inspired to keep playing because when you play songs it shows you how much your practice has paid off.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Jam session. The only motivation for doing anything is because its fun. Feed that inner-hedonist.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break