My band desperately needs a more professional sounding version of the drums I attached, and we don't have the cash to buy a decent drum program. We made them with Guitar Pro 5.2. Anyway, anyone fell like helping us out?

Thanks,
Dave
Attachments:
DrumTrack.gp5
Here's what you do to solve that problem

Download Linux which is a free user made operating system (by far the most stable OS available and its free!)

now there are hundreds of programs for linux all of them are free. One of them is called "Hydro" or something along those lines its a professional quality drum machine and you can simply download the "Dyne" Linux distribution since it is made for recording,mixing and writing music.

http://dynebolic.org/index.php?show=available

download it Via bittorrent
Last edited by demonsqueeky at Mar 6, 2009,
Quote by OhioState
My band desperately needs a more professional sounding version of the drums I attached, and we don't have the cash to buy a decent drum program. We made them with Guitar Pro 5.2. Anyway, anyone fell like helping us out?

Could you output that as a MIDI-file and post it? I don't bother with GP5 since I have no use for the RSE.
Quote by PsychomanZ
Here ya go...... CLICK ME

Thanks so much man. What program did you use? Even though the snare is a little extreme and the one tom is crazy, were so going to use these. Thanks so much man!
Is that woodblock or cowbell supposed to be the tom??? Personally I think the width of the panning is a bit too much, you don't get a sense of a proper drum kit when the hihat is that far out.
Quote by ebon00
Is that woodblock or cowbell supposed to be the tom??? Personally I think the width of the panning is a bit too much, you don't get a sense of a proper drum kit when the hihat is that far out.

Yeah its supposed to be a tom. Not sure how that happened. I'm not really sure what you mean by the panning. We just set it up as basic as posible. Do we need to adjust something to make it more realistic sounding?
Quote by OhioState
Yeah its supposed to be a tom. Not sure how that happened. I'm not really sure what you mean by the panning. We just set it up as basic as posible. Do we need to adjust something to make it more realistic sounding?

The remark was made to PsychomanZ who provided the "finished" drum track. Obviously the mapping in the sample set he used is different than it is in GM standard (which GP uses). The panning also comes from the sample setup since you can't define panning for individual drum hits in GP. Basically the drum track you were provided with by PsychomanZ is in "player perspective", it's panned as if you're sitting behind the kit, and from that perspective the hihat is a little far out to the left (for my taste anyway).

Apart from that I must say that the part is just crazy. Did you program velocity variation, even if that is relatively limited in GP? The drums don't have quite the "machine gun" sound but that could be because the sample set triggers alternate samples when it detects multiple successive hits.
I'll have a go.

Brb.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by ebon00
The remark was made to PsychomanZ who provided the "finished" drum track. Obviously the mapping in the sample set he used is different than it is in GM standard (which GP uses). The panning also comes from the sample setup since you can't define panning for individual drum hits in GP. Basically the drum track you were provided with by PsychomanZ is in "player perspective", it's panned as if you're sitting behind the kit, and from that perspective the hihat is a little far out to the left (for my taste anyway).

Apart from that I must say that the part is just crazy. Did you program velocity variation, even if that is relatively limited in GP? The drums don't have quite the "machine gun" sound but that could be because the sample set triggers alternate samples when it detects multiple successive hits.

That is how most software sets out when you export. You can change it on some. It doesn't bother me that much. Some producers do pan drums that way and some don't. There's no right or wrong way of doing it.

OK. The snare doesn't sound as great as it could because you program it in as a 40 instead of 38 which I usually use. On a 38 the snare is usually much thicker and lower sounding.

Sounds alright though....

http://rapidshare.com/files/207264527/drums___.mp3.html
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by Donkey Fly
That is how most software sets out when you export. You can change it on some. It doesn't bother me that much. Some producers do pan drums that way and some don't. There's no right or wrong way of doing it.

OK. The snare doesn't sound as great as it could because you program it in as a 40 instead of 38 which I usually use. On a 38 the snare is usually much thicker and lower sounding.

Sounds alright though....

http://rapidshare.com/files/207264527/drums___.mp3.html

That's awesome. Yeah its still the snare though. I attached the file with 38 for the snare now just in case anyone wants to try.

Thanks so much for changing the tom part to some toms!
Attachments:
DrumTrack.gp5
Last edited by OhioState at Mar 10, 2009,
If you have a proper drum track in MIDI I could put it on Superior Drummer 2 for you. I could even export seperate tracks aswell.

You'll have to make sure the drums are right though since I don't know what you guys want so I wouldn't want to change anything.

(Superior Drummer 2 exports them as actual audio by the way, so if that is what you're after then cool)
Last edited by maggot9779 at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by demonsqueeky
Here's what you do to solve that problem

Download Linux which is a free user made operating system (by far the most stable OS available and its free!)

now there are hundreds of programs for linux all of them are free. One of them is called "Hydro" or something along those lines its a professional quality drum machine and you can simply download the "Dyne" Linux distribution since it is made for recording,mixing and writing music.

http://dynebolic.org/index.php?show=available

download it Via bittorrent

this is a great idea
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Quote by maggot9779
If you have a proper drum track in MIDI I could put it on Superior Drummer 2 for you. I could even export seperate tracks aswell.

You'll have to make sure the drums are right though since I don't know what you guys want so I wouldn't want to change anything.

(Superior Drummer 2 exports them as actual audio by the way, so if that is what you're after then cool)

Thanks so much. I just exported the file from GP to midi.

The drums are right on GP, its just I'm not sure what they will end up sounding like when using different programs. If you think something sounds out of place though, its cool to change it. Like if a cow bell just pops out of nowhere. We just have bass, snare, cymbals, toms.
Attachments:
DrumTrackMidi.zip
Quote by OhioState
Thanks so much. I just exported the file from GP to midi.

The drums are right on GP, its just I'm not sure what they will end up sounding like when using different programs. If you think something sounds out of place though, its cool to change it. Like if a cow bell just pops out of nowhere. We just have bass, snare, cymbals, toms.

Ok cool.

That MIDI file doesn't seem to work. You can just send the GuitarPro file because I already have it.