Hi, I am a beginner and looking to buy a guitar.

First, I am kind of short and tiny (5'1", slim female) and having a difficulty finding guitars that feels right within my price range.

The only small guitars ive tried are the Yamaha APX700 and FS 720G. I love the fit of the APX700 guitar. I am not sure what shape it is, but it feels much more comfortable than the FS 720. The APX700 is out of my price range. I considered the APX500, but I want something with a solid top. I do not care so much whether it is acoustic-electric. The FS 720 is within my price range, but I do not love the fit as much as the APX.

I am looking to spend around $400-$500CAN (including hardcase, and tuner).

Can you guys give me any suggestions to a smaller guitar? Thanks!
Quote by bluegirl1
Hi, I am a beginner and looking to buy a guitar.

First, I am kind of short and tiny (5'1", slim female) and having a difficulty finding guitars that feels right within my price range.

I am looking to spend around $400-$500CAN (including hardcase, and tuner).

Can you guys give me any suggestions to a smaller guitar? Thanks!

Have a look around for a Takamine mini (Takamini) - sadly discontinued, but there should be good used ones to be had for under $300 + good case and acoustic tuner.

They made both the electro cutaway in black, (CEB), and a natural dreadnought (maybe more?). Both well built and finished as you would expect and they cost around $400-500 when new.

Nice full tone for a small guitar, good action after trip to luthier, (or see other articles this forum if you are handy/practical person). Short scale, reasonably narrow neck, which should benefit smaller hands.

Drawback: - No pick guard, or front 'strap fixing'

Good Luck!

Dave the Rave - "You can't sack me! - I'm Sack-less!"

Yamaha FGX412
Takamine CEB
Roland Cube
Korg Tuner CA-30
Couple of 1960's Echo Super Vampers mouth harps.
(. . . plus a cheap Rogue black Dread'nt 6 String and a black Mandolin in USA)