So I was looking around today at a few guitar shops and I liked what I saw in the v style type guitars. But what I saw (epiphone, Jackson, and a couple other brands I can't remember) looked good...I just don't know anything about those brands. I liked all the ones I played so basically I'm looking for your opinion on what a good v guitar would be.

I'll mostly be using it for metal and hard rock...and most likely be keeping it in drop db or drop b tuning (the tunings my band plays in) so I'd need a guitar that is decent in lower tunings. I'm also looking in the $400-$500 range...possibly a lil more if there's something that fits all my needs.

Thanks in advance folks
Elitists and Hypocrites
Quote by Pac_man0123

I'm liking the look of that Washburn man. Thanks for the suggestions I might have to check those out. I wish that Denver had more than just Guitar Center to buy a guitar from...dont know if I'll be able to find those guitars around here to be honest. But I'm definitely gonna look into them because of the magic of ebay
Elitists and Hypocrites
Yup i was gonna recommend a dean...i bought one today lol

Maybe try BC Rich? if ur playing in Drop B/b id assume ur in a metal band or something? maybe a warlock or something. you know.....you gotta look the part too ahahaha

but yeh the BC rich V's look insane
just check em out
BC Rich's Range of Vs: http://www.bcrich.com/vR.asp
Last edited by Plarx at Mar 6, 2009,
You can always look used for guitars, I would recommend a used Gibson Faded Flying V, same as the standard V minus the Nitro finish. And though I don't know from experience I've heard the lower end Deans and BC Richs are not so great so I would definately try those out before buying.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by Gibson V
You can always look used for guitars, I would recommend a used Gibson Faded Flying V, same as the standard V minus the Nitro finish. And though I don't know from experience I've heard the lower end Deans and BC Richs are not so great so I would definately try those out before buying.

Haha thats what I was doing all yesterday was looking for used guitars. I too have heard that BC Richs and Deans arent all that great...but hey if BC Rich is good enough for Kerry King and Dean is good enough for Dimebag...there must be some good stuff there.

Also...I know I saw the Jackson Randy Rhoads one on one of the links but that is a bit out of my price range. Does anyone know anything about the other v style guitars Jackson has?
Elitists and Hypocrites
do you want a traditional style V ? or do you not care, cause best Vs in those price range if you look used are 94 jackson professional RRs imo, the rr3 isnt bad too if you looked used
Hahaha. Too late man..
http://www.musiciansfriend.com//stupid :P
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
You could go with the V's from these companies. Dean, Gibson, B.C. Rich, and Jackson. They have good V style guitars.
Jackson JS30KV?
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Used? Gibson Faded or a new Epiphone Korina for $500. $650 gets you quite a deal in the RR3s, I'd save up for that. If you want EMGs, an Agile Hornet for $599 will do. $650 gets you the 7 string Hornet.

I'd probably go for the RR3 because it's pretty much all-around with the SD set of pickups, a good Jackson LFR and fast smooth neck.

I personally own an Agile Hornet Pro VII but they aren't everyone's cup of tea since it has:
a) 7 strings
b) EMG707

If you want that or would like to expand your limits, I'd heavily look into it at www.rondomusic.com
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
GC has the Jackson "Randy Rhoads style" V on sale for $299. Its a decent guitar for that price.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama

''Life's tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne