answer this

If the center of the Earth was not molten rock
and somone dug a hole straight thru the middle of the Earth would they contiuously fall once they reach the other side and fall down to the other side and so on, would they levitate in the center of the Earth

what's your thoughts?
Last edited by bowdyyz69 at Mar 6, 2009,
We had this discussion in physics class today :p

You would fall to the center and fall a bit more by the initial momentum from falling. Eventually, gravity will pull you back towards the center again and you will fall a bit more again until gravity slows you down and pulls you back. This keeps happening until you have nearly no momentum. I hope that makes sense?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
The Earth's gravity comes from its center, not its edges, so you would stay in the exact middle. The other side of the Earth would have no pull, just like a mountain has no gravitational pull.
The centre of the universe isn't made of molten rock.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by EnyoAdonai

Woah. Only person that picked up on this.
Quote by Gunpowder
You almost banged her? Well you get an almost high five!

*Stops half way*
Quote by EnyoAdonai

This.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.
Quote by bowdyyz69
answer this

If the center of the universe was not molten rock
and somone dug a hole straight thru the middle of the Earth would they contiuously fall once they reach the other side and fall down to the other side and so on, would they levitate in the center of the Earth

what's your thoughts?

Irrelevant statement.

Anyways, you would keep moving back and forth, yeah, but you'll never reach a momentum of 0.
Funnily enough, I heard of a hypothetical system of transportation. It involves tunnels through the earth and gravity delivers the pod to the other side.

Apparently, a trip from anywhere to anywhere would take approx. 42 minutes haha
Quote by EnyoAdonai

well metals or whatever

Quote by Avedas
Irrelevant statement.

Anyways, you would keep moving back and forth, yeah, but you'll never reach a momentum of 0.

i might proof read things from now on
Last edited by bowdyyz69 at Mar 6, 2009,
well i'd imagine, that if it's hot enough to melt rock, then this person wouldn't make it far enough to even reach the center.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
my thoughts?....

what
the
f**k????????

seriously though, i reckon u would make it through.
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
Quote by soulflyV
Simple Harmonic Motion?

+1
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible