Well, I hope this is in the right section, I did a quick search, but if I missed a topic, my sincerest apologies.

I was just wondering what (if at all) the tonal difference is in pick up covers, particularly in single coils, though if someone wants to point out any different in humbuckers with and w/o covers, I'm all ears.

I mean, on the Musicmaster/Duosonic has these pick up covers made of something that (at least on my 50's musicmaster) doesn't look like just ordinary plastic. Then Teles have the Chrome(?) pickup covers, both of these seem to be exclusive.

I was wondering if these had a particular difference on the performance of the guitar or it was just for aesthetic purposes.

Thank you very much in advance
Generally modern pick-up covers don't have an effect on pick-up sound,but you could always experiment and find one that changes the sound in a way that you like.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
A little warmer I think

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Alright, thanks for the advice, and thanks for the answer, much appreciated
my guess is that it does make a difference BUT the difference is probably so minuscule that you'd have to have dog ears to hear it.
Alright, sweet. And cheers for the vid, that actually helped alot too