I need some songs that are in alternate tunings. I get bored of the same old stuff in Standard. I checked the songs sticky thread, but nothing in there really interested me.
Recommendations? Thanks.
DADGAD - Newton Faulkner - To the light

CGCGCE - John Butler - Pickapart, Ocean, What you want

DADF#BE - Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats, Stay in the shade
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
It's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...
Last edited by tom the taffer at Mar 6, 2009,
BDDDDD - Iris Goo Goo Dolls
DADADD - GGD Here is Gone, a Creed song also uses this tuning...my sacrifice?
DADAAE - Not sure what songs use it but its cool
Well, instead of songs, why not choose a tuning to learn? I mean, take Open G for example. There are tons of songs in Open G tuning, so you could tune to that and learn every Open G song you want...that way you don't have to retune your guitar for EVERY song you do.

But if its songs you want, then Led Zepplin has some really fun stuff to play in alternate tunings. Zep's song "Braun y aur stomp" is an awesome song that is played in CFCFAC. Kashmir is in DADGAD (one of my favorite tunings...along with open G.) Dancing Days (I think) is in Open G...at least that is how I play it.

Check out old bluesy stuff too. Some stuff from Claptons unplugged album (off the top of my head: "Walkin' Blues" and "Rollin' and Tumblin'" are both in Open G) And there is an amazing duet between Eric Clapton and Duane Allman called "Mean Old World" where both guitars are in Open G.

Also, tons of Rolling Stones songs have Open G tuning...It's Keith Richard's favorite tuning.

Obviously Open G is very common in blues and slide, as well as blues rock, which is why I like it.

DADGAD tuning is used in more traditional irish music, but has been used in some harder rock songs...to be honest I couldn't name any rock songs in DADGAD, but Drifting by Andy McKee is in DADGAD, as well as Naissance by Antoine Dufour. Plus it feels like no matter what you play in DADGAD it sounds good. Great for just Messing around.
Quote by tom the taffer
DADGAD - Newton Faulkner - To the light

CGCGCE - John Butler - Pickapart, Ocean, What you want

DADF#BE - Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats, Stay in the shade

i love DADGAD, its my favorite alternate tuning followed by Open Dsus2 and Open C
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Try Bron-Y-Aur Stomp by Led Zeppelin
Or She Talks to Angels by Black Crowes

There's good tabs for both of them here on UG
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by Colton165
i love DADGAD, its my favorite alternate tuning followed by Open Dsus2 and Open C

DADGAD is fantastic, that and open C are my favourites of all time.

To hell with standard tuning
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
It's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...