I plan on adding a bigsby tremolo to it. But I also plan on adding a single coil in the bridge. Most likely the humbucker shaped ones from Eastwoodguitars.com

Point of thread, how hard is it to switch out pickups?
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
Pup switching isn't terribly hard as long as you know how to solder and have a good grasp of wiring schematics. Sounds like a fun project, good luck.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
not too hard if you know how to soldier. you just follow the wire coming out of the pickup (actually 2 wires but one line) and hook the new pup up to where the old one was. just be careful not to overheat the pots when heating them to soldier. and make sure the polarity is right. as for the pickups id recommend seymour duncan phat cat P-90s. they fit right into humbucker slots and they sound great. closer to a humbucker than a strat single coil and combining the fatness of output with high definition treble response. i have one in the neck of my semi-hollow and it just sings. i would suggest that if you put one in the bridge you put one in the neck too. they even make different models for the two positions so if you get both it gives you a calibrated match for the volume. plus they look wierd in a good way. you will get many double takes from other guitarists when they notice that what looks like a traditional covered humbucker has the pole pieces running right down the middle instead of offset to one coil side like every other covered pickup theyve ever seen.
You should consider a P90 in the bridge. **** sounds sweeet

Check out the GFS ones if you don't want to shell out for Phat Cats though. I hear good things.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Last edited by drewsta42 at Mar 6, 2009,
p-90s do sound sweet, but I plan on putting some in my Dot. My SG is my main tho, and I listen to alot of alternative/indie so and alot of bands get that sound from single coils. Plus I love fuzz, and to me, fuzz just sounds better with single coils.
A p-90 /is/ a single coil.
But what you're saying is that you prefer the fender style single-coils, I get it....
I do, too. They're /a lot/ nicer sounding, IMO
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
sounds cool!
if you have a bit more money to spend you could get one of these too, so you dont have any holes in your guitar when you decide you don't want your bigsby anymore...just an idea, i wouldn't wanna put holes in my guitar

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I don't think it's worth $60 to avoid holes in a guitar that probably won't ever have its bigsby taken off.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
^it would be worth it to me - like said, i just don't want to put holes in my guitar...i guess you have to decide that for yourself, but i didn't want the thingy to go unnoticed and the TS to be like "hey that bigsby sucks but now i gots holes in my guitar" in 10 years

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Striped_Monkey5
I plan on adding a bigsby tremolo vibrato to it. But I also plan on adding a single coil in the bridge. Most likely the humbucker shaped ones from Eastwoodguitars.com

Point of thread, how hard is it to switch out pickups?
*fixed

changing pickups is easy, if you know how to solder.
if not, learn. but DON'T learn soldering on your guitar.
build your skills practicing on other stuff, first.

seems odd a HB at the neck and a SC at the bridge.
i'd have done the opposite. sounds great that way.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
*fixed

changing pickups is easy, if you know how to solder.
if not, learn. but DON'T learn soldering on your guitar.
build your skills practicing on other stuff, first.

seems odd a HB at the neck and a SC at the bridge.
i'd have done the opposite. sounds great that way.

Just for something different. And I like the harshness of a single coil in the bridge when pumped with fuzz and overdrive, but I also like the smooth sound of the neck humbucker