yes the "tremelo" bar is actually called a vibrato bar.
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Tremolo = rapid change in volume
Vibrato = rapid change in pitch

Whenever you bend and release the string very quickly you are playing with vibrato, whenever you push/pull the bar rapidly you are also playing with vibrato.

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards