Anyone Tried Em? Just lookin for opinions
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

I am new to recording, any tips and suggestions are well appreciated check my profile for my original compositions.
hm, thanks, isee you have a valvetronix im thinking of getting one to replace my Spider III, what do you think of them?
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

I am new to recording, any tips and suggestions are well appreciated check my profile for my original compositions.
i had a ad100vt-xl and it was bunk. didnt sound good with any pedals i had. now im playing a bugera 6262 for half the price
The Valvetronix amps are modellers, which tend to work better without pedals. They are also mid- and low-gain oriented. If you are looking for modern metal tones, look elsewhere. Peavey Vypyr amps are a good place to start. But just like with the Voxes, there's probably no point using a Satchurator with the Vypyr.

EDIT: That being said, the only way to really find out whether you like the Vox with the Satchurator is trying both.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 6, 2009,
I love it. My band is really starting to gig a lot but I'm on a very tight budget, which is why I picked up the Valvetronix. Probably the best thing about it is that it still sounds good at high volumes, unlike a lot of modelling amps, which start to lose their tone when cranked.

As anyone here will tell you, the Valvetronix amps are far better than your Spider

However its high-gain models aren't the best (not an issue for me, I don't play metal).

[Edit] As Quailman says, the Vypyr is what you want if you're looking for modern metals tones.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Last edited by Sampy at Mar 6, 2009,
Im lookin for a satch sound, i also like john mayer SRV, Hendrix Etc. would the valvetronix be good for that.
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

John Mayer, SRV and Hendrix are no problem. But whether you'd like it for Satch I don't know. To me, it sounds good enough for high gain, but some people don't like it for that. They are pretty common, you can just walk into the nearest music store and try one.
Quote by joesyrnichenko
i had a ad100vt-xl and it was bunk. didnt sound good with any pedals i had. now im playing a bugera 6262 for half the price

+1, have the 6262 half stack, love the amp's tone
I have the Vox Valvetronix AD30 VT, and it's brilliant, you can get a pretty wide range of tones. The effects are quite good too and it's great if you have the footswitch.
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
well im hoping that the addition of the satchurator will enable me to get some satch tones ive played the sacthurator and i love it
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150