I don't know if this is true for anybody else out there but if I see somebody playing a fender with one of those stupid "Made In America" stickers on them I immediately lose most, if not all, respect for that person as a guitarist.

I mean, if I can't tell a guitar's high quality by the sound of it then it's NOT high quality.

Flashing around the fact that your guitar is "Made In America" or "Made In The U.S.A" (whatever floats your boat) just makes you look insecure and sad to me.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
And?

Maybe they forgot to take it off?

Why the hell would you lose respect for someone playing a high quality instrument?

It would say on the headstock, BY THE WAY.

God, some people, I just don't know.

EDIT: And you clearly know how to tell what a good tone is, don't you? Those Fender amps of yours have quite the sparkly cleans!
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Mar 6, 2009,
yeah I know what you mean, as soon as I got my tele I took the sticker that was on it straight off
Dumb....

One is made by Mexicans, the other is made by Mexican-Americans..

Not worth the $600 price increase if you ask me...
Quote by Sergeant Madd
Dumb....

One is made by Mexicans, the other is made by Mexican-Americans..

Not worth the $600 price increase if you ask me...

Are you sure about that, sir?

I'm fairly certain MIA instruments are made in America. Well, I believe there are some MIA's that have parts built and what not in the US, but are sent to Mexico to be assembled.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
And?

Maybe they forgot to take it off?

Why the hell would you lose respect for someone playing a high quality instrument?

It would say on the headstock, BY THE WAY.

God, some people, I just don't know.

EDIT: And you clearly know how to tell what a good tone is, don't you? Those Fender amps of yours have quite the sparkly cleans!

Lol, nice strat. I can understand your bias on this subject seeing as you yourself ofcourse own an American made Fender Strat, of which I have no problem with, good for you, brilliant instrument, no doubt.

However, taking my statement in a purposeful way I ofcourse meant somebody leaving the MIA sticker on indefinitely, obviously I wouldn't have a problem with It being on there when they first get the guitar.

I would lose respect for anybody who believes that the sole fact that a guitar is made in America automatically makes it a good guitar, and that they believe they have to prove visually to people the instrument was made in America. What other possible reason would anybody wish to keep a sticker like that on an instrument they paid "through the roof" for?

Plus I admit I have a bias of my own in this matter, I strongly despise over-charging of guitars by large companies, and the majority of companies that do this reside in the U.S.A (Gibson mainly IMO/Fender to a lesser extent, to name 2). I find the whole idea and anyone who buys into it (somebody who flashes the fact...) quite stupid honestly.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Are you sure about that, sir?

I'm fairly certain MIA instruments are made in America. Well, I believe there are some MIA's that have parts built and what not in the US, but are sent to Mexico to be assembled.

Fender's USA manufacturing plant is in SoCal, take a guess what the major ethnic group there is.
Last edited by Sergeant Madd at Mar 6, 2009,
I apologize - maybe I was a bit brash.

But do people actually keep those stickers on? I have never ever seen that before. I took mine off immediately! I can understand maybe why that would kind of annoy you, especially if they were showing off or verbally flaunting their guitar.

Sorry 'bout that. Usually, if someone asks me about the guitar, I feel proud to tell them where it's from, even point out the differences between mine and a MIM. But I don't brag or anything like that.

EDIT: ^ Sergeant Madd - Yeah, it's in Corona. And I guess I will say Hispanic people are the dominant ethnicity. You seem to be a tad prejudice - maybe it's just me, but why does it matter WHO it was made by? The parts and whatnot are still high quality and I am positive Fender runs some form of test or quality control check before shipping out their products. Since this is probably the case, ethnicity really has nothing to do with the build quality. It's like you're telling us Mexican people can't do as good of a job as Americans. :|
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Mar 6, 2009,
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX

But do people actually keep those stickers on? I have never ever seen that before. I took mine off immediately! I can understand maybe why that would kind of annoy you, especially if they were showing off or verbally flaunting their guitar.

Sorry 'bout that. Usually, if someone asks me about the guitar, I feel proud to tell them where it's from, even point out the differences between mine and a MIM. But I don't brag or anything like that.

That's cool man, don't worry about it. Yeh I'm guessing you've got a hell of a guitar there and I would be proud of it aswell.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by James13v
That's cool man, don't worry about it. Yeh I'm guessing you've got a hell of a guitar there and I would be proud of it aswell.

'Tis my baby. I love her.

Although, it was a mistake to even let some people hold it. Brought it to school a couple times, and during those visits, someone managed to get purple sticky gunk on the body, and someone managed to get a few paint chips. I never really found out who, I but I have a guess.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX

EDIT: ^ Sergeant Madd - Yeah, it's in Corona. And I guess I will say Hispanic people are the dominant ethnicity. You seem to be a tad prejudice - maybe it's just me, but why does it matter WHO it was made by? The parts and whatnot are still high quality and I am positive Fender runs some form of test or quality control check before shipping out their products. Since this is probably the case, ethnicity really has nothing to do with the build quality. It's like you're telling us Mexican people can't do as good of a job as Americans. :|

No, I don't think race determines how well you put something together. Thats why I think it's dumb for companies to have such huge prices hikes because of where something is made, or by that same token people say that it's automatic crap because it wasn't made by an American.

More to the point about Mexicans though..... there isn't a whole lot of difference between the MIM's and USAs. They are made under the same exact circumstances but those cocksuckers at Fender want you to belive the qaulity control/parts/assembly workers are SO much better to warrent the $6oo extra.
Last edited by Sergeant Madd at Mar 6, 2009,
Quote by Sergeant Madd
No, I don't think race determines how well you put something together. Thats why I think it's dumb for companies to have such huge prices hikes because of where something is made, or by that same token people say that it's automatic crap because it wasn't made by an American.

I don't find there's much hate for the MIM line of products at all. But I see your point being valid. Sorry about that. It's not my day, haha.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
'Tis my baby. I love her.

Although, it was a mistake to even let some people hold it. Brought it to school a couple times, and during those visits, someone managed to get purple sticky gunk on the body, and someone managed to get a few paint chips. I never really found out who, I but I have a guess.

Damn man, I'd be majorly pissed. I remember taking my DK2M to school when I first got it and being hell paranoid about it when I had to leave it lol. Never had any harm done though, most people were pretty respectful of eachother's instruments.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
That sticker DOES mean its higher quality! Why else would a music store/pawn shop/dealer such as myself offer so much more on used instruments? It never ceases to amaze me the number of kids who throw down a stack of hundreds for junk that I wouldn't buy back off of him for $50. MIA and MIM Fender guitars, I can resell for almost all of the original MSRP, all day every day. This thread made me giggle.....

EDIT: I should clarify, if you need further proof, take a look at WHOLESALE priced lots of other guitars, usually sold in blocks of five or more. Junk made in Indonesia might retail for $400 a piece, but you can get five for $50 each, provided you get all at once. Fender America and Fender Mexico, I consider myself lucky to spend $80 on the $100.

EDIT2: Music stores make a lot more money on Squire, Dean, Peavey, Epiphone, etc...A LOT more money. And they have less money in the original investment. And much lower licensing/royalties. Long story short, there's a reason the good stuff is high up the wall, behind a counter, and it's not to protect the guitar from scratches. Car dealerships don't exactly have $40000 cars locked away in a storage unit with armed guards. Music stores steer you to that cheap garbage because it's higher profit; most will tell you they only carry higher end guitars to bring in the seasoned musicians. You can't make money off a guy who knows exactly what its worth, but if you can get him in the door, you can at least try or sell him accessories.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Last edited by millerdrr at Mar 6, 2009,
The TS should join that group, "who cares what's on the headstock". Or whichever it is. Who cares what sticker's on the thing?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Some people may leave the sticker on there just to show off the fact that the instrument was made here, not shipped in on a boat by a foreign country. The parts probably were, but someone employed in the US did the work. Just an attempt at patriotism. I can hear them now "My guitar was made in america by an american and I'm damn proud of it"

As they say this, they are surrounded by Thousands of dollars of amps/effects/hardware that was imported, kinda funny really
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
...so they like quality instruments? i'm not understanding what your beef is...

because they like buying a good instrument and showing others they have a good instrument is a bad thing?

i haven't taken the tags off of my Mesa Stiletto's handle yet and i've owned it for 2 months...i don't believe i'm very insecure and sad.

what's wrong with showing off something you've probably worked hard for?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Mar 6, 2009,
I dont understand the problem if I saw that I would be like "Nice Guitar Dude" and then that would be it why be angry at someone for owning a qualitly instrument? I saw a caparison that belonged to a customer at my local shop and I just said thats a nice guitar he said thanks and that was that.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Sergeant Madd

More to the point about Mexicans though..... there isn't a whole lot of difference between the MIM's and USAs. They are made under the same exact circumstances but those cocksuckers at Fender want you to belive the qaulity control/parts/assembly workers are SO much better to warrent the $6oo extra.

negative.

but whatevs.

and TS, i;ve never seen one of those flag stickers left on a guitar. guess kids leave them on?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Think about it this way too though. When you play that jackson you are showing everyone that you are playing a Jackson guitar so thats pretty much the same thing.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Maybe they'd rather have a flag sticker than risk getting some white blob if they fail to remove the sticker all the way?
i left my sticker on my MIA strat, i don't see what the big deal is.
"If the blues are a living thing, Charlie Patton and Robert Johnson taught it how to walk; Muddy and Howlin' Wolf taught it to run and Stevie and Eric may have made it rock but it was T-Bone Walker who made it electric."
Quote by millerdrr
That sticker DOES mean its higher quality! Why else would a music store/pawn shop/dealer such as myself offer so much more on used instruments? It never ceases to amaze me the number of kids who throw down a stack of hundreds for junk that I wouldn't buy back off of him for $50. MIA and MIM Fender guitars, I can resell for almost all of the original MSRP, all day every day. This thread made me giggle.....

EDIT: I should clarify, if you need further proof, take a look at WHOLESALE priced lots of other guitars, usually sold in blocks of five or more. Junk made in Indonesia might retail for $400 a piece, but you can get five for $50 each, provided you get all at once. Fender America and Fender Mexico, I consider myself lucky to spend $80 on the $100.

EDIT2: Music stores make a lot more money on Squire, Dean, Peavey, Epiphone, etc...A LOT more money. And they have less money in the original investment. And much lower licensing/royalties. Long story short, there's a reason the good stuff is high up the wall, behind a counter, and it's not to protect the guitar from scratches. Car dealerships don't exactly have $40000 cars locked away in a storage unit with armed guards. Music stores steer you to that cheap garbage because it's higher profit; most will tell you they only carry higher end guitars to bring in the seasoned musicians. You can't make money off a guy who knows exactly what its worth, but if you can get him in the door, you can at least try or sell him accessories.

Yes, I agree your statement on resale value is true, however it does not change the fact that leaving the sticker on indefinitely after purchasing your brand new MIA Fender is stupid, we are musicians here, not business men, I don't plan on selling a guitar I buy ever.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by Waterboy799
...so they like quality instruments? i'm not understanding what your beef is...

because they like buying a good instrument and showing others they have a good instrument is a bad thing?

i haven't taken the tags off of my Mesa Stiletto's handle yet and i've owned it for 2 months...i don't believe i'm very insecure and sad.

what's wrong with showing off something you've probably worked hard for?

The fact that you need show it off visually because possibly the guitar doesn't speak for it's self.

And if the guitar doesn't speak "High Quality" it's self, then that makes you an idiot who has bought into over-priced instruments. Which if you look past the here and now is in no way a good thing as it doesn't help the fact that many guitar manufacturers greatly over-charge, which I personally look down on and therefore start threads that relate to it in certain ways.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by Lethal Dosage
I dont understand the problem if I saw that I would be like "Nice Guitar Dude" and then that would be it why be angry at someone for owning a qualitly instrument? I saw a caparison that belonged to a customer at my local shop and I just said thats a nice guitar he said thanks and that was that.

Ok, you've missed my point, I don't respect people who leave a stupid looking sticker on a guitar because they obviously feel they need help to prove their guitar is high quality to people, this is a classic sign of insecurity. fact.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Mar 8, 2009,
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Think about it this way too though. When you play that jackson you are showing everyone that you are playing a Jackson guitar so thats pretty much the same thing.

Yeh, except it's not the same thing at all lol, my jackson doesn't have a but ugly sticker on it. Oh and by the way, the fact that I'm not American and don't really care at all about "US Patriotism" is something to keep in mind, I'm talking about Australians I've seen with it on their guitars mainly, step into my shoes if you will.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Mar 8, 2009,
^seems to me like you're the one with a problem.

it's time not to give a shlt about what other people do, unless it effects your life.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
^seems to me like you're the one with a problem.

it's time not to give a shlt about what other people do, unless it effects your life.

TS, honestly. It's a fekking sticker. The only thing you're doing for the people that leave it on their guitars is giving them more attention which is exactly what they want.

Besides, i've seen people leave the plastic cover on the control cavities on their guitars, maybe they're thinking along the same lines?