Page 1 of 2
Anything, even if it's an album jacket, a background music to a Star Wars film, or even just a simple tune.

Bolero and Greensleeves, the traditional version, did it to me when I heard it in elementary in a tv commercial.
I made my father buy me a traditional Renaissance English tune album which totally changed my interests from anime and manga to music.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Poop, because that's what music sounds like.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 6, 2009,
Video games. I hated music that was played on the radio, and then realised that I loved Video game soundtracks. Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Dynasty Warriors, Shenmue in particular.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Stairway to Heaven.

My friend was like, "You gotta check out this song!" And I thought why not, well now I'm a Led Zeppelin fanatic.
Guitar. I saw my friend play guitar and thought it would be cool if i could so i learnt and then i listened to musics greatest guitar players...
Quote by Aguamento
Stairway to Heaven.

My friend was like, "You gotta check out this song!" And I thought why not, well now I'm a Led Zeppelin fanatic.

Exactly what this man said!

And the Beatles, when I first heard them, I was like wow
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by Deliriumbassist
My parents playing Eric Clapton cassettes in the car when I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Damn you mine played Simply Red all the time I cant help but like them now its my childhood
Metal Gear Solid 3 credits.
[But I did enjoy game music before - Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, MGS2, etc.]

Can't wait for the new Starsailor album!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I bought an Iron maiden album (Live after Death) in the 6th grade cause I thought the cover was awesome. it was about 1987 or so. I loved the way the guitar sounded on the whole album, so I asked for a guitar for Christmas and got it. Bought the live after death tour video and watched it about 5 million times and started learning the songs. I can still play most of them, like most people play Metallica. hahahahaha That was my first band I really got into and started me playing guitar. So Thanx Iron Maiden
Quote by Gyzmoo
Damn you mine played Simply Red all the time I cant help but like them now its my childhood

What the hell is wrong with Simply Red? They have some great tunes

Although I think I win by saying that Right Said Fred went to my local metal night on wednesday
The thing that got me into music in general was SRV's cover of mary had a little lamb (I was 7 at the time)but the song that got me into the music i currently like was actually I Cum Blood.

That is a serious comment by the way. I saw it mentioned in the Pit the first day i was lurking and looked it up and I liked it.
I like R&B Slow Jam & Funk songs best. Comment me if you likey.
Pretty much all music is good to me.
Haters gonna hate
when i started playing guitar hero when i was twelve. i bought the second guitar hero just when it came out.
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Linkin Park

Waaaay back in the day, they were the ****
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Pink did a song a few years ago...something about pills. Anyway on the bus to school it was always played on the radio and they didn't censor "bitch" in it. So we would all yell it at the bus driver lol.
But "Cleanin' out my closet" by Eminem was the first song I really liked, around the same time.
What I just said is a lie.
The first album I properly loved was Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory. Then Welcome to the Jungle made me want to learn guitar. The rest is history.
the first time I play zelda : ocarina of time
I was like : daddy, what is that sound?
he tell me : it's music
then I asked him to make me listen to more music
and I was dancing around on La Grange and some of the 70'-80' rock music
the passion was born, after that I discover metallica, iron maiden, and then got more into death metal and scandinavian thing
after that i buy a guitar, take lesson with an old bluesman
then played in the jazz band of the school
now I want an ocarina, because it's where everything begin for me
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Ehh it's kind of an uncomfortable story. My mother turned me on, there was some jazz playing at the time, I forget the rest but I woke up in Scotland.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Led Zeppelin. I heards thems a whiles backs ands I likes thems. Nows I'ms the Biggs Zepplins fans.
"Weird Al" Yankovic
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
My dad watching woodstock 69' like 10 years ago, he showed me Jimi Hendrix's performance.

I was like 6, and I thought that playing guitar with your teeth was easy.
I can't remember what song exactly, but when I was a toddler I adored the music my dad would - and still does - blast through the house, Duke Ellington and Errol Garner are two of the countless jazz musicians I remember strongly.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
My cousin gave my brother some zeppelin, maiden...etc so... I started listening with him thanks to that now I just love them
....What?
I was always into music. What got me into really listening to music was Linkin Park and Meatloaf.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Being unable to escape music turned me onto music.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Music?

If it's music in general, the first song must've been Live is Life I ever thought was a good song.

When it comes to rock, Guitarhero changed my world.
DeVillains!
Quote by neopowell
Ehh it's kind of an uncomfortable story. My mother turned me on, there was some jazz playing at the time, I forget the rest but I woke up in Scotland.

I wish I could say, "it happens to the best of us," but...yeah...
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
The Beatles' movie "Help!", which I saw when I was about 6 or something.
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
The Mama's and the Papa's, parents played them a lot, and other music from the 60's.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
My dad sat me down when I was about 9 years old and played me the Master Of Puppets album.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Guitar Hero.
I was like... WTF am I doing? Im going to get a real guitar...

GOOD ON YA!! screw guitar hero... i have it completed it then learnt half the songs that are on it i was like **** that was boring
Page 1 of 2