Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong forum but you guys are most likely to know what to do.
I feel really, really stupid asking this but here goes.

The battery in my Seymour Duncan Blackout has run out and I need to change it. There are two plates on the back of the guitar, one of which leads to the floyd rose springs, the other to the wiring and battery.
I've unscrewed the plate but I can't get it off, I've tried sticking a knife in and levering it up (amongst many other failures) but it won't come off. Is there anything you guys can suggest? Like maybe a release mechanism? Because I'm beginning to suspect that my guitar tech glued it shut just to screw with me.

The guitar is a B.C. Rich NT Jr. V and this is a picture of the back. The plate leading to the floyd rose is off but I need to get the other off.

Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Quote by a_man
Stick something to it to lift it off?

Good idea, but I can't think of anything that would have enough stick.

Edit: The coat hanger wouldn't fit but I tried something similar with no success.
Gear List:
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Last edited by LeperAffinity at Mar 6, 2009,
Quote by 36mikeyb36
Have you tried the 4th position smack?

If you mean hitting the other side, yes.
Gear List:
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Quote by LeperAffinity
Like maybe a release mechanism?
no, just the screws. if there is anything else keeping it attached, it would be because the cover is a bit too big for the opening and was forced in. or maybe something softened the paint and it's acting like an adhesive.

Quote by LeperAffinity
Because I'm beginning to suspect that my guitar tech glued it shut just to screw with me.
has he actually worked in there? was he the last person to have the cover off? if yes to both, take it back to him and insist he remove the cover.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
no, just the screws. if there is anything else keeping it attached, it would be because the cover is a bit too big for the opening and was forced in. or maybe something softened the paint and it's acting like an adhesive.

has he actually worked in there? was he the last person to have the cover off? if yes to both, take it back to him and insist he remove the cover.

Yeah, he has, and yes, he was. He was the one that put the pickup in and I've not had to do anything to it since. It's been around 3 months since he worked on it and he lives a fair distance away so I'd rather not have to take it to him (it's really inconvenient getting there).
Gear List:
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Just thought I'd let you guys know I got it off. Thanks for all the suggestions! And to the bloke that said "Stick something to it to lift it off?" you were right.
Ended up sticking the toilet roll holder (it has suction cups on it) from my bathroom to it and pulling it off.

Thanks again for the help guys and thanks for not laughing at me :P
Gear List:
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Quote by LeperAffinity
Good idea, but I can't think of anything that would have enough stick.

Edit: The coat hanger wouldn't fit but I tried something similar with no success.

you're penis.

actualy, Use a small screw driver. Like an electronics screwdriver
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
Quote by LeperAffinity
Just thought I'd let you guys know I got it off. Thanks for all the suggestions! And to the bloke that said "Stick something to it to lift it off?" you were right.
Ended up sticking the toilet roll holder (it has suction cups on it) from my bathroom to it and pulling it off.

Thanks again for the help guys and thanks for not laughing at me :P

Excellent. Did you find why it was stuck?
Quote by a_man
Excellent. Did you find why it was stuck?

Yeah, turns out the plate was too big for the hole. I've ended up screwing it on fairly loosely so as not to force it too far into the hole and get it stuck again.
Gear List:
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables