iv got an ibanez grg170dx and the neck pickups have stopped working, well its a humbucker and one of them has stopped working (i think) so i get a low volume output
i see no fault with any of the connections and need help.
the other pick ups are working fine

i was thinking about upgrading the neck pick up a few weeks ago so would it be easier than fixing it and what sorta price would it be, and what type should i upgrade it to.

i play mainly metal music and my amp is a vypyr 30 if that helps.
Last edited by captsnow at Mar 6, 2009,
You may want to take it in and have someone look at it, but if you were already thinking of replacing it, there's different kinds brands/prices just depends on how much you have to spend and what you like the sound of..Most websites have sound clips that you can listen to so you can decide which you like. You may want to check out http://www.guitarcenter.com/Guitar-Pickups-Guitar-Pickups-and-Parts.gc
and just google when you find a price you like so you can listen to a clip. Really it's just personal preference..
well you could ajust the pickup hight. that can dramaticly change your output, i had mine too low when it was stock and got like no volume raised and got alot more tones and alot more output. but since you gonna replace it id get something like gibson dirty fingers or some other hight output pickups.
seeing as its the neck you d want a lower output pickup actually
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I advise AGAINST a new pickup, it's most likely a bad solder joint somewhere. If you want to, then I say get a set of Duncan Distortions.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.