Ok atm I can record to my PC and use Cubase LE4 but the thing is I can only do this through my Zoom G2.1u and atm I am not using it and it only has a limited drum machine. So is there any way to record directly from my amp to the PC without buying a pedal or guitar rig or whatever.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
No offence cbut could you be more specific, and if you mean a pc mic I don't have one.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
The Cube 30x has a line-level out. Get a 1/4 to 1/8 mono plug adapter from Radio Shack and go from the Recording Out on the Cube into your line-in on your PC via instrument cable.
I mean any dynamic mic. Does your amp have a headphone output? If so then use that.
This is my Recording Rig:

Guitar > Amp > Headphones/Line Out > 3.5mm cable with 1/4 jack adapter > Microphone Socket/Line In (PC) > Mixcraft 4

Works Perfect for me, Check my MP3's for sound samples.

Oh yeah I usually put my guitar onto the coil pickup for cleanest sounds.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Does your amp have a headphone out? Or atleast a low-output out? You might have to buy a 1/4"->1/8" adapter but you could then run a line out from the headphone or low-output out on your amp into either the line in (best) or mic input on your PC.

Here's what I mean by an adapter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/6-3mm-Stereo-Plug-1-4-to-3-5mm-Mini-Jack-1-8-Adapter_W0QQitemZ310125973475QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item310125973475&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
Ok i have that adapter thing so do I plug a lead into teh recording out and then plug the other end with teh adapter into my pc?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
You can record direct but I mean it will never sound that great. If you want a good recording then get you a guitar mic. SM57 is only 100 bucks and a lot of the pro studios are using them. That's what I use and it's flawless. It will be even better if you get a recording interface. Like an Mbox or my favorite firepod which for 2 inputs I think it's only 200 bucks. It plugs through the firewire input in your computer. If you don't have one (which you probably do) then there are plenty of fast usb 2.0 interfaces. And use the asio driver and set the sampling rate where you want it. Most of these interfaces come with good software too. Cubase is pretty cool. I use cakewalk sonar 7 it's by far the easiest out of all the popular programs and does virtually everything.
Quote by demitriv
Ok i have that adapter thing so do I plug a lead into teh recording out and then plug the other end with teh adapter into my pc?

Yup. Just watch your levels and you should be able to get a decent recording. You can clean it up with your DAW.
Ok thanks, I'll take a look
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Ok so which one do i plug it tinto?
sorry for beign sucha nOOb
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Quote by demitriv
Ok so which one do i plug it tinto?
sorry for beign sucha nOOb

Go from the "Recording Out" on the Cube into the "Line-In" on your computer (it might be labeled MIC on your computer).
i wouldnt take recording seriously and get a mic and interface like one guy said, for now just do what 667 said. also, do you know how to adjust the sound input levels on the computer?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i wouldnt take recording seriously and get a mic and interface like one guy said, for now just do what 667 said. also, do you know how to adjust the sound input levels on the computer?

Yea I can do it on Cubase and thanks
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Ok I've found where to plug it in and the lead fits with the adapter so how do I record using Cubase with the lead instead of the effects pedal?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Bump
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Quote by demitriv
Bump

You probably should get a good book on Cubase, go to the recording forum on this site, or even better, hit up the Cubase forums.
True but I was hoping somebody could just tell me off hand.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
I've been to the cubase forums, they just old me to look up the manual, it doesn't help.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Ok decided to bring this thread back.

You have probably seen my other thread and know I want to upgrade to a valve amp soon.

What are my best options for recording? I am willing to stop using cubase.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Anyone? I am selling my Zoom so thats out of the equation.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
And I can plug that into my pc through the mic jack? And record using cubase?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
can i not just copy and paste? lol
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4