I know there are quite a few people here with problems. Whether it's health, domestic, bullying, drugs, etc, I think there should be a place for us to come where we can give each other support. There are people on this forum that self harm, that abuse alcohol, that have even attempted suicide, the prospect of having even a slight chance to help someone out makes this idea seem like a good one.

I'm not saying 'go here instead of the doctor', I'm saying we all have experiences and we can give each other moral support based on what we know ourselves. The best counsellers are the ones who have been through it themselves.

And please don't tell me to take it to the hug thread, most of the 'problems' there are along the lines of "my sister stole my hairdryer", or "I have a spot", and I would like this to be taken more seriously.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Bout time. Well done rab.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
thank you, this thread is a great idea. i need some support for my depression. i have material posessions, just no real friends to share them with..
So it's like the hugging thread with less westernworld problems, co-dependency and more amateur psychology?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
So it's like the hugging thread with less westernworld problems, co-dependency and more amateur psychology?

Seems like it.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Seems like a good idea, I'd be happy to try to help anyone with some problems.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I really like this idea, it'd be great to have a place of compassion in the Pit where every other posts isn't "Hugz!".

/\ Likewise.
I've never been into the hugging thread, but this seems like a really good idea.

So who wants to share their problem first?
My girlfriend who everyone, and I mean everyone adores who has ever met her broke up with me a little over a month ago. We're still friends, but sometimes it hurts to be around her, but I just love being with her, even if it is just as friends.

My 55 year old aunt just died of breast cancer a few days ago, came back from the funeral yesterday.

I have been suffering from depression for the past few years and have been on prozac the last 8 months. I do not feel better.
Quote by wizards?
Isn't this the reason why we have the hugging thread?

Not saying this is a bad idea, but still it kind of makes sense that this is kind of a hugging thread clone.

As much as I adore the hugging thread it's generally not for serious advice, it's more for if you need some people to be nice to you for a bit. A thread that's dedicated to the serious resolution of problems is a good idea. Nice one, Rabid.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I support white power, YEAH! Cmon people, let's hear it for WHITE power...

oh wait...not that kinda support...well damn...

Disregard me....
Well about a month back i started seeing a girl who was an ex of a friend, after I got his blessing, well I had to end it last weekend because she had too many issues and I think that I was getting into a relationship for the wrong reasons, also my friend who is her ex slept with her. but now things remind me of her and such and it is a bit depressing and annoying. kind of a minor sounding problem but it's been bugging me
Everytime I get into a long term relationship I end up liking another girl and hurting both my girlfreind and the other girl. I've done it about 4-5 times now. I don't know why i do it. My freind thinks I have Dysthemia (I take her advice with a pinch of salt however ). Any idea why I go into this sorta thing?

I did it with my current girlfreind but she's helping me alot and we got back together and she's really being supportive.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by KingDev
I have been suffering from depression for the past few years and have been on prozac the last 8 months. I do not feel better.

Has the medication made absolutely no difference at all? Or is it just not doing what you expect it to?

And out of interest, do you know the cause of it?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Everytime I get into a long term relationship I end up liking another girl and hurting both my girlfreind and the other girl. I've done it about 4-5 times now. I don't know why i do it. My freind thinks I have Dysthemia (I take her advice with a pinch of salt however ). Any idea why I go into this sorta thing?

I did it with my current girlfreind but she's helping me alot and we got back together and she's really being supportive.

I'm wondering if you'll answer a quick question about this. So say you're with Girl A and then Girl B comes along, do you stop liking Girl A and start liking Girl B? Or do you continue liking A but start liking B aswell?

I couldn't think of a better term than 'like' so you'll have to bare with me.

Quote by KingDev
My girlfriend who everyone, and I mean everyone adores who has ever met her broke up with me a little over a month ago. We're still friends, but sometimes it hurts to be around her, but I just love being with her, even if it is just as friends.

My 55 year old aunt just died of breast cancer a few days ago, came back from the funeral yesterday.

I think the problem with the girl is a problem only time can heal, i've been there (sort of, different circumstances but similar problem I suppose) and I realised that after a while perspectives change and you realise how easy it becomes to not be with her, even if that seems impossible to think of right now. And also; My condolences for your loss
Last edited by aaciseric at Mar 6, 2009,
Quote by aaciseric
I'm wondering if you'll answer a quick question about this. So say you're with Girl A and then Girl B comes along, do you stop liking Girl A and start liking Girl B? Or do you continue liking A but start liking B aswell?

I couldn't think of a better term than 'like' so you'll have to bare with me.

I always like A and B
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

my best friend, who I never told that I loved her, died a couple of months ago and was like gasoline into my already starting alcohol problem out of loneliness that still lasts to this day.

at least I don't drink on weekdays as much anymore.
Quote by eggo_boi_15
I always like A and B

Well after my very brief time studying Psych i'd say there's a chance you are just freaking out about having a long term relationship so finding a way to sabotage it by looking for someone else (but that's probably WAY over simplifying the problem). Do you think that might be it? Or should we keep troubleshooting?
I'm sorry, I'm not going to allow this.

People with problems that are too serious for the hugging thread shouldn't be counselled by a bunch of pit monkeys anyway.

Especially medical problems, which you stated and is clearly against the rules, drugs and sex problems have their own threads anyway that are full with people that have been doing this for a while and have a lot of info in them.
This is not a pipe