Hey,

I was just going through my collection of music (it took hours -.-) and I feel it needs a bit of a.... 'refreshing' hit to it

Therefore I'm looking for a few suggestions to some bands that may fit within the boundaries of music that I love. I'm a big person for acoustic music - love it in fact, hence why I play the acoustic guitar really. I enjoy listening to such artists as Jack Johnson, John Butler, The Kooks, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Live, Glass Pear, Vertical Horizon, Train, Diesel (Love him, want his babies) etc. etc.

I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions towards bands that fit within those sort of guidelines if you could call them such...

Cheers!
Check out City and Colour, its this canadian dude Dallas Green from some hardcore band, i think alexis on fire. He does very good all-acoustic stuff, youd never know hes a hardcore singer
Uhm... if you like acoustic-tinged indie, try Death Cab For Cutie, Dashboard Confessional... you might enjoy Broken Social Scene's second and thrid albums... Yeah, that's all I have right now.
I think you should go for Tokyo Police Club, Canadian indie rock band. They're very good, I recommend you google them or download their album Elephant Shell or they're old EP.
Try Bloc Party's debut album Silent Alarm, it was the NME album of the year in 2005. In particular check out Helicopter, Banquet, Shes Hearing Voices and Always New Depths

This band may be a bit old but Pixies are great, (especially Where Is My Mind? Wave of Mutilation and This Monkey's Gone to Heaven), they were big influences on both the Grunge and Brit Pop scenes in the 90's which is quite rare.
Last edited by fenderkid112 at Mar 9, 2009,
Ween
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
Perhaps Broken Social Scene's 2nd and 3rd albums would interest you as well.

EDIT: hm. I already said that. My apologies.
Last edited by toyboxmonster at Mar 15, 2009,
Try Anthony Green. He's the frontman of a sort of emo-prog hybrid band called Circa Survive, but recently has released a collection of acoustic songs he's written over the years. It's very beautiful.
We are NOT meaningless

Sole member of
Diction & Diaries: Folk Indie with passion

Guitarist/lyricist for:

A CITY SKYLINE

"
Quote by ninjagayden777
Try Anthony Green. He's the frontman of a sort of emo-prog hybrid band called Circa Survive, but recently has released a collection of acoustic songs he's written over the years. It's very beautiful.

!!! Really?? I didn't even hear about the acoustic album! *runs to store*

Also:

The Sound of Animals Fightin > Circa Survive > Saosin > Zolof the ROck and Roll Destroyer.
Well with The Kooks try bands like The Enemy, The Pigeon Detectives etc.
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
the flaming lips
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Joanna Newsom
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
Sufjan Stevens!
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins