Not the best power metal band there is but I think they aren't half bad. If you've ver played 'Though the Fire and the Flames' on GH3 then you know what I'm talking about when i say that their guitarist either has some extra fingers on his left hand or is constantly on red bull during the solos. Anyone else listen to them?
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Dragonforce Thread?
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
I've seen them live, and they ****ED UP
They were terrible, and Sam Totman really can't play
Herman uses 70000 effects, all of which slightly improve his mindless sweep picking

They're just wankers

/rant
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
That's odd, becuase I seen them and they were flawless...
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Minkaro
Wrong.

no they really do suck live, and if they dont its because the brought backing tracks to cover mistakes
Or maybe you're just a bandwagon-jumping ****?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
They really tightened up their live performance after they got famous, because they used to really suck live.

Anyways, I was listening to the debut album today.

Catchy as fukkkk.
yeah but live they still don't sound anywhere near to their album.

i know that live most bands sound different, but bands like Decrepit Birth, Necrophagist, Anata, Brain Drill, Nile can still maintain good sound and control through the show.
I really don't care one way or the other with DragonForce...I'll listen to them...but I'm not a fan. Some from an unbiased opinion...they have sucked EVERY time I've seen them live.
You people are f**king retarded. More than half of that "crazy shredding" on TTFAF is keyboarded. Most of which is actually guitar is chords and fairly simple riffs. There are 15 year old kids able to play the guitar parts of TTFAF. Herman Li is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from being skilled.
Quote by xChristgrindeRx
You people are f**king retarded. More than half of that "crazy shredding" on TTFAF is keyboarded. Most of which is actually guitar is chords and fairly simple riffs. There are 15 year old kids able to play the guitar parts of TTFAF. Herman Li is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from being skilled.

That is exactly why it is on the worst and most boring Dragonforce album...

The older stuff is better, so don't judge them by their worst material.

Although, if you can get passed the name and album cover, Ultra Beatdown is rather good.
Quote by xChristgrindeRx

Here's to their keyboardist, then
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Honestly, way to many band-wagon jumping idiots here.

They were amazing when I saw them live. They're much better live now, most people just judge them on their early performances, which were, admitedly, awful. But they've tightened up now, and I didn't hear any audible mistakes when I saw them live.

Plus they put on a damn good show, what with the toy swords and all.
Quote by duncang
Here's to their keyboardist, then

+1, the keyboardist is a bad ass. When I saw Dragonforce he had a battle with the chick from Turisas who plays the accordion, it was sweet. Also, I didn't find them sloppy when I saw them either and I was in the very front the entire concert.

I find people like to rip on Dragonforce solely because of people (retarded ones) thinking Herman Li is a guitar god because of how hard Through the Fire and the Flames is on expert. It's just a cycle of people overrating them and underrating them.
Quote by Phoenix Reborn
Not the best power metal band there is but I think they aren't half bad. If you've ver played 'Though the Fire and the Flames' on GH3 then you know what I'm talking about when i say that their guitarist either has some extra fingers on his left hand or is constantly on red bull during the solos. Anyone else listen to them?

What the **** man? Who gives a **** about whether you can play it on guitar or have played it let's not talk about virtual fiction here. Also, I am the only who noticed the GH3 in the post.
No, other people just understand that video games happen to be enjoyable.
Quote by ChemicalFire