So, that contest is up again and will start in some time... My question is this:

WHY DON'T SCANDINAVIAN COUNTRIES SEND A METAL BAND TO **** THIS MISERABLE EXCUSE FOR MUSIC CONTESTS UP, ONCE AND FOR ALL???!!!

And I don't mean lordi stuff, I mean REAL metal.

In Flames have got a pretty mainstream style now, and they could go with a cleanly vocalized catchy song... Just to show metal to the world and wipe it on their face, as all europe will be watching this ****ty stuff.

..Thoughts?
I bet hammerfall will do eurovision soon, seeing as they have been in so many crap tv-shows in sweden.
Körslaget is almost worse then eurovision, so it isnt so unlikely that they will do it.
Alestorm should represent Britain.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
At least for Sweden, here's how it goes...

1. There'd be a major uprising amongst the hardcore schlager-tards.
2. The songs that compete for the chance to "represent" Sweden are selected by a jury.
3. They wanna make money. More metal = less viewers = less votes = less moolah.
4. All the pseudo-metal songs they've let into the competition are gheigh as hell.

I mean, when Lordi won the press and people were up in arms over how an "untrue schlager song" had won the damn thing. It's best to just ignore it and hope that it selfdies, even though that seems like a distant dream at this point in time.
Henrique > Kovalchuk > Parise
Imagine if Opeth made a song like burden and send it to that contest...

Imagine these entries:

Germany - Kreator
Sweden - Opeth (awww that list is HUGE...)
Finland - Children of Bodom
UK - Iron Maiden
Norway - Dimmu Borgir
Who gives a shit? Take it to the pit or somewhere. Jesus this place has gone to the dogs.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Hey we're just talking metal here. Imagine if i took this to the pit; I'd listen to pop crap artists being recommended...

this forum is where the real stuff are going on...

No offence on other forums though \m/
um... lordi?
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Oh the irony.... In Flames is about as close to 'pop crap' as you can get, without giving Rihanna a crack in the teeth.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Oh the irony.... In Flames is about as close to 'pop crap' as you can get, without giving Rihanna a crack in the teeth.

Haha, l0l that's what I mean man... I mean simple stuff like that crap they've been doing lately, imagine them exposed to whole Europe... The popularity they'd get from all those pop kids would be extraordinary...
This thread makes my head spin.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Haha, Dan Swano considered entering Eurovision once.

But other than that little nugget of factual enlightenment, this thread is irrelevant.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link