so i've been playing guitar for about 4 years now. i brought my guitar to college last year and did the same this year. for the first semester this year, i was the only one of my three roommates who played guitar. one of them had a guitar and had only been fooling around for about 2 years. for the first semester i let my other roommate borrow my guitar sometimes so he could teach himself (claimed he could get a perfect score on reptilia on guitar hero on expert, so by extrapolation, should be able to play on a real guitar). since winter break though, they both brought guitars with them (the one i lent mine to got one for christmas). now i feel kinda irked. especially the one that got a new guitar (a) his was more expensive than mine, (b) he's into kinda folksy/poppy (a.k.a. douchey "look guys i'm a folksy guitar troubadour") acoustic music which he can (c) play reasonably well, and (d) does so A LOT and LOUDLY. it kinda feels like both of them are kinda encroaching on my territory and i kinda feel like an asshole for thinking that. neither of them are douchebags and we're all pretty good friends. what do i do?
Last edited by akong.supern00b at Mar 6, 2009,
Circle jerk, its the only opetion
My Gear

Ibanez S470DX
Squier Strat
Washburn Bass

Spider III 15W
Peavey Vypyr 75

ARGH WHERE THE HELL DID MY JAZZ III GO?
nothing ? play, and let them play
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Tell them to play good music, if they dont play than play your guitar loudly and play what you like.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
If he's playing too loudly, just tell him to keep it down...if he wants to play folk music, and that's what makes him happy, what's the big deal?
Be happy that other's have found, and both share, the same passion as you do.
Main Gear:
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe (Modded)
Fender MIM Strat
Ibanez Acoustic
Vox VR15

Saving For:
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by Kite2411

This is correct, ignore all other options. Also; video tape it.
Quote by Kite2411

That is only acceptable if you've just watched The Prestige.
soo....basically you're kinda bumped because you're not different anymore, well if one of the only things in you is that you listen to what you call good music and play guitar is what makes you an individual, well i dont think there's nothing anybody can do for you.
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
Quote by 79stratSTONES
jam it up. don't be prideful. learn from each other. you should be stoked that they enjoy what you do. you've got live-in jamming buddies now.

this.

and if it's really too loud just play yours louder or ask him to turn it down a bit. not a huge problem really is it?
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by DegaMeth
why would you share a room with another guy? Cant you afford your own room?

he said he's in college. most of the time you've got room mates. i don't know anyone in school/that went to school that didn't have room mates. it's kinda the norm.
Quote by 79stratSTONES
he said he's in college. most of the time you've got room mates. i don't know anyone in school/that went to school that didn't have room mates. it's kinda the norm.

not in the uk. i went to uni and shared a flat (apartment) but not a room. do you designate times for fappage or what?
Quote by Rosin
Make a band

this.

i was going to post something slightly ruder, but you've got the point across.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
im jealous yu get live with other guitarists tbh.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by 79stratSTONES
Sucks to be at one of those colleges. How does anyone ever get laid?
Play brutal music louder than them and tell them that they are guitar noobs.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
It sounds like you helped inspire at least one of them by lending him your guitar in the first place. I'd be pretty chuffed if I was you.

But if you want a less serious answer you could always knock them out, insert eggs into their assholes and wait for the screams when they wake up and try to move.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Try introducing them to good music, they'll probably like it if it has good guitar stuff and everything, and why don't you try playing together sometime? and if it's too loud, just ask them to turn it down a bit.
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
You could actually expand your musical tastes a little more and take an interest in what they're playing.

Instead of you know, bitching about it.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by smb

I guess it always has to do with one's financial situation. You could always live off campus, but that's generally more expensive. At least here in California, most schools dorms are set up with room mates.

You can still get laid. Go to the girls dorms.
Buy a Marshall MG and CRUSH THEM WITH CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!!!!!

Or you know, get over yourself.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
Honestly dude you sound a little douchy yourself trashing their music taste like that. If they like that then let them there's no reason to be upset about it. To simply live with someone else that plays an instrument is a pretty nice opportunity and you should take advantage of that. And get over this "I'm not special anymore" feeling. Honestly if you wanted to feel special for playing an instrument then you chose the wrong one my friend. And just tell him to turn it down, no big deal.
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
just ask her to touch her toes naked....shell never expect whats next
You should turn on the Prestige.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
lol, i even said i feel like an asshole. so you guys calling me an asshole are completely right, but also kinda self-righteous.

but i don't know it just seems that the guy playing loudly REALLY REALLY wants to be the folksy troubadour guy. they don't seem interested in playing as a group, as it seems the acoustic playing guy is really interested in playing what he plays and doesn't bother listening to anything i play.
Quote by smb

Sock on the doorknob=don't come in.

My college had dry erase boards on the door, so I just wrote stay out.

TS, direct him to the club in my sig
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break