Okay, so I've written a song here, and it's just the weirdest amalgamation of notes ever. I'm usually a strictly minor/major key guy (metalcore does that to you ).

The riff centers on D, and has D, F, G#, A, and C#. The solo that follows over it, makes no sense, theoretically, to me. I'll post it in Guitar Pro.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1072273

That's the song in the Riffs and Recordings Forum. Go to Austin's Solo to hear what I'm talking about.

Cheers.

EDIT: The notes of the riff are just that: notes. Not chords.
Last edited by Austyn6661 at Mar 6, 2009,
i just played the simple chord progression, and it sounds like a different key of pink floyd's "in the flesh(?)".

Its DEFINTILY not the same (yes, i can play in the flesh on guitar [not that its hard, but]) but it gives off that type of feel.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Quote by BassFishin
i just played the simple chord progression, and it sounds like a different key of pink floyd's "in the flesh(?)".

Its DEFINTILY not the same (yes, i can play in the flesh on guitar [not that its hard, but]) but it gives off that type of feel.

The part I'm talking about isn't a chord progression, it's a riff with those notes. Probably should have said that.
ahh, well to be honest i didnt actually listen to your thing, sorry hahaha i dont have much of an attention span
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.