ok so i've recently gotten my savings up to about 500 bucks. however i'm not sure whenever i get another couple hundred bucks if i wanna get a tube combo or a better electric. right now i have a squier into a crybaby into a pocket pod into a spider III. so needless to say i've been playing acoustic for the most part since i have a sick takamine EG544SC. so what do you guys think? i'm pretty sure i wanna fender deville 2x12. as for guitars i either want a PRS SE custom.
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Amp amp amp

What genres do you play? And are you willing to buy used?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Amp.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
why do you have a pocket pod if you have a spider they do the same thing. any way
if your spider is 75 watts or better, get a guitar and a footswitch (for the amp) thats what i did
Quote by Yngwi3
Amp amp amp

What genres do you play? And are you willing to buy used?

Yea with $500 you can probably get an amp and some decent pups. If you are willing to go used. Then save for the PRS or w/e the other guitar is. Do you like how the squier plays?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Yeah I'm not sure why you would plug a pocket pod into a spider if that's what you are doing. that's a waste of money and time.

Get an amp.
Quote by gregs1020
Yea with $500 you can probably get an amp and some decent pups. If you are willing to go used. Then save for the PRS or w/e the other guitar is. Do you like how the squier plays?

He should just be smart and save up and buy the guitar he wants with good pickups so he won't have to go through replacing them. I've had to do that quite a few times and don't plan on buying a guitar without the pickups I want again. It's to much crap.
i will cast my vote to get you off my island?

anyways, what you play will be a big factor, id say stick away from fender and marshall, lol wayyyy to overpriced

the peavey classic 30 is a nice amp, wont do metal though
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by hcsn2008
He should just be smart and save up and buy the guitar he wants with good pickups so he won't have to go through replacing them. I've had to do that quite a few times and don't plan on buying a guitar without the pickups I want again. It's to much crap.

Well I replace the pups in most of the guitars I own. Generally I don't buy $1000 guitars though. With $500, he can afford a decent amp. If he likes how his squier plays, pups will only make the thing better. I dropped $60 on a used set of decent pups and couldn't be happier with their tone, because I liked how the guitar played. Different strokes. If the TS comes back with the information we asked for, we can go further. If he hates how it plays, it's another story completely.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by jman4291
why do you have a pocket pod if you have a spider they do the same thing. any way
if your spider is 75 watts or better, get a guitar and a footswitch (for the amp) thats what i did

NO.
Don't give people bad advice!

A new guitar will give about 2% difference in your tone with that rig.

New amp tiem.

Genres?

In a band?
Quote by jman4291

Dude, just no. If you put a nice guitar into a **** amp, you get **** tone, no matter what guitar you have.

TS, genres, city, gigging or bedroom? Are you willing to go used?

EDIT: Damnit jilax!
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
i will cast my vote to get you off my island?

anyways, what you play will be a big factor, id say stick away from fender and marshall, lol wayyyy to overpriced

the peavey classic 30 is a nice amp, wont do metal though

Completely disagree on all of these points. Most of Fenders amps are priced accordingly and are great for the price used.

Oh and the Classic 30 most certainly can do metal
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
AMP AMP AMP AMP an amp will effect your tone so much. if you get a $500 guitar and plug it into a crappy amp it will sound OK. if you plug a squire into a decent $500 amp it will make a big difference. Get a Palomino, My brother has one and it is amazing. it won't do very Much distortion but with a pedal it will have great distortion
Last edited by ma67876 at Mar 6, 2009,
If you absolutely must buy OMG RIGHT NOW, then get the amp. If you're a patient person, squirrel it away and save so you can buy a kickass guitar and amp all at the same time.
i think you should get a different guitar. i know it wont change your tone much if at all, but it is so good to play a decent guitar.....
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I say buy an amp first, such as a b-52 at112 (if you live in america,) or a Peavey Valveking.

Then, save up some money for a decent guitar such as an Epiphone 1966 G-400 or a regular G-400, or any other guitar you want that is somewhere at or below that price.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Amp, for the reasons made clear above, unless you hate the way your guitar feels. If you absolutely despise your guitar, then buy a new amp and guitar. Plan on spending around 800 bucks for a decent guitar and sweet amp on the used market. Sell your TV and any video games systems you have to help finance this move.
hey sorry i didnt get back sooner i was out all last night. but i play classic rock and some like laid back stuff thats acoustic. and i lead over the acoustic sometimes for like hootie and the blowfish like tone. i checked out a deville the other day that seemed perfect. and i am willing to go used. i think i can find a deville for bout 450-550 bucks rite?
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
yes, 500$ for an Hot Rod is nice, but might wanna get seomthing else for playing classic rock, like a Traynor YCV50, wich is an awesome amp that you can afford and that will do classic rock way better than the HRD