Hey guys.
I got a Roland Cube 30X recently and I'm really liking it. So much better then what I had before. I've got some really nice sounds out of it so far but I'm a bit clueless when it's come to EQ/settings. I was wondering if could anyone could help me. If it helps my guitars a crappy strat-o-like made by a company called Bandit.

I'm after a few different sounds, firstly I'd like a grindcore type sound. (I.E Gorerotted, Napalm Death). Got it set on the R-Fier mode but not quite sure how to the bass/mids/treble.

I'd like a punkier sound too if possible. Ala Black Flag, Circle Jerks. Not quite sure if i'm going to get that with this amp but whatever help you can offer would be great. (Y)

Thanks.
Treble 10
Bass 10
Mid 0
Gain 10
Volume 10
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by LordPino
Treble 10
Bass 10
Mid 0
Gain 10
Volume 10

Equals rape to your ears. Scoop your mids but not that much, have it about bass about 8-10, mids 3-4 and treble about 6-7. gain at ten and volume depending on where you are.
Quote by Malchius
Equals rape to your ears. Scoop your mids but not that much, have it about bass about 8-10, mids 3-4 and treble about 6-7. gain at ten and volume depending on where you are.

He wanted a grindcore tone?
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
mostly just mess with it till you find something you like, tone is really subjective. the hardest part about EQ imo, is the mids. I usually scoop mine on a solid state amp, but you can get some pretty sweet rock kinda tones if you boost them too. bass and treble are pretty self-explanatory, just adjust them until you get a sound you like.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
Okay I can give you that. But try them both out and see what you like more, I got the same amp and use that eq and setting quite a lot.
I personally cut mids and boost treb with gain at maybe halfway and volume varying on where I am playing. I used to have the Roland Cube 30 and it was great with said setting.
Equipment:
-Ibanez GIO
-Fender American Standard Strat HSS
-Acoustic Schneider Guitar
-ARIA STB-PB-DX Bass
-Vox VT50AD-XL
-Roland Cube-30 Bass
-Digitech RP-250
-Blue guitar pick
Proud Member of UG's 80's Rock Fan Club
It also depends in how big the room where you're playing is, if you're playing in a small room you don't want to crank all the knobs high up.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah