Hi there..
I have been dealing hard with my electric guitar for like 1 month..
Before that I tried to learn and play songs with it.. But I didn't accomplish huge things because of my lack of time.. I played songs with chords, simple solos etc etc.
1 month ago I started to learn some solos, like still got the blues, californication, nights in white satin etc.
I can follow the guitar pro tabs exactly while playing.. But I don't feel complete.
I mean, I have fun with solos, but I can't get the hole song feeling.
I tried to solve my problem, but I don't know where to go or what should I do..
When I try to play a song, guitar pro shows lots of guitars.. Rhythm , lead, solo etc etc..
What should I follow, which guitar makes the song "a song"?
I know the question is absurd but I am trying to tell my feeling here
Some people say that "you should learn hybrid picking" some say "try fingerpicking"

What would you suggest to a man who can use chords, and play some lower intermediate
solos?

Bring it on please
Try To Catch Me! Pleaaaaaasee!
learn alternate picking if you don't already do that because its a hard habit to break. try learning all guitar parts in a song and maybe record yourself or play with friends? and definitely learn major scale theory so you can solo yourself =D
I guitar in a band and I have the same problem sometimes with songs I wanna play cause I am the only guitarist. So what I do is learn all of the rhythm tracks and some of the lead for good measure, and have my bassist play the rhythm when I am playing lead. So for the most part just learn the rhythm tracks and when you are playing with others then you can pull out some lead but when you are just playing alone learn the backing guitar mostly.
if you use guitar pro you can choose to only listen to one track, so you can find which guitar that "makes the song" (if thats what you mean)

what kind of music do you like?

and you DON'T wanna try hybrid picking after one month, finger picking is not that important yet but if you wanna learn that you can try nothing else matters a classic fingerpicking song

Favorite solos:

Comfortably Numb
Since I've Been Loving you
Wicked World
Mr. Crowley
Welcome To BucketheadLand
Perfect Crime
Lazy
Nightrain
The Lemon Song
Last edited by Ozwal at Mar 6, 2009,
youre just playing notes. music doesnt have feeling until you play it with feeling. dont focus on playing stuff "exactly like the tabs". as cliche as it may be, youve got to play it with soul. get inside the notes. write your own music. play with people more. learn from them. you cant only play one guitar from a song with multiple guitars/instruments and expect it to sound the same. so play with others on that song. or come up with a version of it on your own that works with only one guitar.
Just play the music that you like best, and don't just play solos. Sometimes, it would be better to improvise solos if you can, then you might feel more complete, considering the solo will be more 'you' and anyone else.

Corny, but cool.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by 79stratSTONES
youre just playing notes. music doesnt have feeling until you play it with feeling. dont focus on playing stuff "exactly like the tabs". as cliche as it may be, youve got to play it with soul. get inside the notes. write your own music. play with people more. learn from them. you cant only play one guitar from a song with multiple guitars/instruments and expect it to sound the same. so play with others on that song. or come up with a version of it on your own that works with only one guitar.

+1

Favorite solos:

Comfortably Numb
Since I've Been Loving you
Wicked World
Mr. Crowley
Welcome To BucketheadLand
Perfect Crime
Lazy
Nightrain
The Lemon Song
I will answer you all one by one..
1) I can not find songs for my mood.. The songs I told you (nights in white satin, californication, still got the blues, mariachi from the movie desperado) all fits me..
This randomness locks me..
2)I know alternate picking
3)I will try your suggestion.. Rhythm parts will be interesting for me..
4)You are right.. Hybrid is really hard for me. But I learned fingerpicking with my old classical guitar from my teacher yeras ago.. I am used to it in a way..
Quote by 79stratSTONES

Playing with others is not my option. Maybe this keeps me away from enjoying more.. I dunno.. I have no friends with musical hobbies.. I just sit in my room and deal with my guitar for hours, nowadays..
Last edited by DemonGibi at Mar 6, 2009,
Quote by DemonGibi
Playing with others is not my option. Maybe this keeps me away from enjoying more.. I dunno.. I have no friends with musical hobbies.. I just sit in my room and deal with my guitar for hours, novadays..

That doesn't mean you can't find people. What you should do is google "open mics [your area code]" there's got to be somewhere close by you can meet other musicians.
Quote by 79stratSTONES
That doesn't mean you can't find people. What you should do is google "open mics [your area code]" there's got to be somewhere close by you can meet other musicians.

Thank you for your advice but I don't think I can find people on Turkey for that
At least can you suggest me songs which combine my interests at my other posts?
try playing with other people, or try adding variations to your favorite songs
Quote by peccas
try playing with other people, or try adding variations to your favorite songs

As I said before I don't have any friends with musical skills
edit: Saying "skills" is a little harsh I think.. I must say musical interests.. Thats better
Last edited by DemonGibi at Mar 6, 2009,