Well, I just finished this song this morning and am pleased with the results. I wanted to hear how it sounded with some real guitars, so I recorded it. The song is obviously about a rider on horseback charging towards some unknown destination, and this song chronicles his adventure. The lyrics for this are in the works right now.

Gear used.

AMT DT-2 = All guitar/bass tones are made using this pedal. I love this little thing!! I added some impulses to the guitar tracks to liven them up a bit as well.

LTD M-255 = My main axe, so it is the guitar used for all guitar tracks.

Hohner Headless bass = Has an active EQ, so it has a lot of punch. Records nicely too.

N-Tracks pro = Best $40 I spent. Pretty good DAW.

Keep in mind that this is demo/sub-demo quality and I just wanted to get a feel for how this song sounds with some real instruments (hence why I didn't power up my 5150 at 4 in the morning).

All critiques are happily returned!!!!

Song is in my profile.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
very cool man. Dig the idea, and the riffs are very cool. I like the guitar tone, but I would double track the rhythm with hard right and hard left panning for more separation. Like the ambient stuff too, that sounds really cool. Drums definitely need some work though, sounds like a drum machine. I'm guilty of using one too to get ideas down. Needs some samples for the kick and cymbals, and it could kick ass. Nice work though man, looking forward to hearing it recorded with your 5150, the vocals, and some different drums.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Well this isn't really my type of music so I don't really know how to crit it lol The guitars sounded pretty good. I like the solo in the middle. One thing I didn't really like was the drums though. They seemed kind of weak compared to the rest of the song. But yeah other then that it sounded alright, just not my thing really.

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1081888
Hey that was great. Defenitely sounds better than the midi version. And it's complete! Great way to finish it, good work.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Hey that was great. Defenitely sounds better than the midi version. And it's complete! Great way to finish it, good work.

It's not quite finished yet. There are still some keys that I want to add in a couple spots. I've been working on the lyrics to this as well and they are coming along nicely. They aren't quite finished yet either (missing the second verse), but it'll give you an idea of how this song will sound when finished and re-recorded. All the vocals except for the choir stuff will be growls.
Attachments:
The Rider lyrics.txt
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Hey thanks for the crit man, I appreciate it.

I'm really digging this song. The tones are pretty good as they are.

The song itself is very melodic, it sounds like something that came straight outta Finland. Lots of great riffs, and it stays interesting. Really great stuff overall, I can't complain about it.
Thanks for the crit. =]

Fantastic track you got here, some great riffs, and the mellow parts are really nice. Solo is insane! Really liked that. Nice playing also, very tight. I'm looking forward hearing this with the vocals and such, should be amazing!

The only thing I could see that needs improvment is the drum sounds. I think you've programmed them pretty well, they go with the guitar, but this drum machine isn't the best. My reccomendation would be to get EZDrummer with the Drumkit from Hell plugin, which is what I use, then you can just feed the midi into that and it'll manage everything for you. I've also heard that another one called Addictive Drums is even more realistic sounding, but i've never actually tried that one.

Great job, keep it up! =]
pretty cool tunage you got therrrr! old school. i like the leads a lot. overall great job man! but like others said, needs better drums!