Are there any links you can give me with good hand exercises to do for both fretting and picking hand. Whenever I play with a pick my hand feels sore after just a bit and I've been playing for almost a year now. Also, I need to know if there are any exercises dedicated to improving finger-style speed (other than simply "playing that way alot").

Any help?
Equipment:
-Ibanez GIO
-Fender American Standard Strat HSS
-Acoustic Schneider Guitar
-ARIA STB-PB-DX Bass
-Vox VT50AD-XL
-Roland Cube-30 Bass
-Digitech RP-250
-Blue guitar pick
Proud Member of UG's 80's Rock Fan Club
I also need some help with my texting technique.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Playing that way a lot.

Sorry man, the best way to improve technique is to practice that technique. The best way to practice that technique is to play somthing that uses it, and play it a ton. Sure, you can pick up some chromatic exercises, but at the end of the day finger stregenth and independance both come from lots of time on the strings. "Almost a year" is still pretty young on any instrument, if you wanna get better put more time in. Just be paitent, music is a lifelong journey.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play