Hey guys i need some help. I am going to look for a new guitar and amp this weekend and i just wanted to get some of your thoughts. My buget now is $1000 as a total but if i wait longer i can strech it higher about 1300 or so if it would really be worth it. The genres i play are all types of rock and metal. The guitars i am looking at now are the jackson rr3's and the amp is still in question maybe the new 6505 112 or a peavey vypyr. Just tell me what you think and keep in mind the amp must be big enough for about a gymnasium without being miced up. thank you
What setup do you have right now? Especially guitar. If you're guitar will last you for a while longer then you could save yourself a couple hundred dollars in the short run and just get a nice amp for now.
IMO, you should probably think about getting a 600 dollar amp and a 400 dollar guitar instead of the other way around. For amps, I've heard a lot of good things about the Kustom Defender and Randall RG50 (although this one may be a bit more on the metal side of things) they are both around 600 USD.
For a guitar, you could try looking used or if you can stretch your budget a bit one of these. Ibanez also has some pretty decent guitars around that price range.
^ Smart man, I'm not gonna suggest specifics, but spend 600 on amp and 400 on guitar.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
If you play metal then the wait for the 6505 112 to come out and buy that. I don't really know that much about metal guitars in the $400 price range though...
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Buy the 6505+ 112 combo when it comes out,
then wait a while (having the amazing amp will tide you over) until you've gathered that
extra couple hundred and spend 600-800 dollars on a guitar.

Atleast thats what I would do.

EDIT: To be honest I myself would just spend all that money on a $1300 amp LOL
but yeah, a new guitar would probably be nice for you I would think.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Last edited by Faux~Affliction at Mar 6, 2009,
Ok the current guitar i have is an epiphone speacial 2 and to be honest i really want a new guitar and amp because the guitar just not my type and i have a crappy line6 spider 3 15w