A Rather Noob question...But i just really want to be sure. K so I have currently a Squier (HSS) Strat playing it through a Vox AD15VT(only thing imo it sounds ok with xD). I've been playing for almost 3 years and I want to move on, so I'm thinking of getting a Mexican Tele. I find that theyre beautiful clean, and are rather nice with dist, and I love the neck.Im a fan of Zeppelin, and Page used to use a tele before getting a Les Paul. My main concern is tho will its sound make a difference comparing it to my squier, I'm pretty sure it should but i don't know x_x :S

EDIT: If i do go ahead with the mex tele a standard would be nice enough right?
(I know that, all falls to the final decision when i get a chance to play them anyway)
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Last edited by xvasmx at Mar 6, 2009,
it will be a lot more rich and fat sounding. prepare to make changes on your EQ. and the AD15VT is probably great cuz i have the AD30VT and i love it
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
I can tell you mex tele pickups sound completely thinner than a single coil strat pickup or a humbucker

i have a mex tele and a mex strat. Love them both; but the tele has definately got a thin twang. Even with a distortion pedal its still thinner

so to answer your question, yes it will be different sound than your squier, but id make sure its the sound your looking for. I love classic rock too, but for some reason, i dont pick up my tele that much to play it
Thanks so much for the replies, I'm planning to get one and thinking about it that question just came to me.

Quote by 6_Feet_Below
it will be a lot more rich and fat sounding. prepare to make changes on your EQ. and the AD15VT is probably great cuz i have the AD30VT and i love it

I love the AD15VY actually makes my strat sound decent! xD

Quote by boyd98
so to answer your question, yes it will be different sound than your squier, but id make sure its the sound your looking for. I love classic rock too, but for some reason, i dont pick up my tele that much to play it

Yeah I'm going to try a couple of the teles, I'm looking for a yardbirds-early zeppelin sound from it,a bit of beatles and yeah.
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]