I was planning on buying a Blackstar, but the date keeps getting pushed back. So, if their is other options out there i'll just go with it.

Budget - 500 dollars, could stretch up to 700 if it was REALLY worth it
Combo or Stack
I was thinking a mid gain amp (think AC/DC, classic rock tone) and then boosting into higher gain territories with pedals when necessary.
Used for loud practice, first tube amp.
Last edited by SchecterZV at Mar 6, 2009,
Gigging? Practice?

I'd suggest a used classic 30, maybe a crate v18 or v33. A used traynor ycv50 blue would be a good bet as well though I don't know if you could find one that cheap.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I stand by my suggestions, very nice amps all of them. Might be able to find a used jcm800 for that price, or maybe a 900, if thats your cup of tea.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I stand by my suggestions, very nice amps all of them. Might be able to find a used jcm800 for that price, or maybe a 900, if thats your cup of tea.

That'd be awesome, but i'd also need to save for a cab. I'll look into those suggestions, and check if my local guitar center has them next time i'm there.
There are combos out there, and they're in your range.
laney AOR
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Look at Crates Palomino series I have a smaller one for bedroom practice but played some of the bigger ones at GC a couple years ago and they were really good and had an excellent classic rock tone IMO
i dont see why youd get a mid gain amp if ultimately you want a high gain sound, just get an amp that can do high gain on its own
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i dont see why youd get a mid gain amp if ultimately you want a high gain sound, just get an amp that can do high gain on its own

Many high gain amps have issues settling down and providing a nice crunch. IMO, better to have an amp that does crunch great and be able to boost it into high-gain than to have a high gainer that can't do the crunch I want.

Plus, TS said boosted into high gain WHEN NECESSARY, so obviously that's not all he's going for
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
^yah thats what i do with my C30.

put a Metal core on the normal channel and bamo, i got a metal amp.

mostly i just play with the CM-2 on the dirty channel tough.