Howdy fellow Pit monkeys, so I was lurking as I usually do and there were a couple of threads closed before I could post.

The Logan and Devin thread seemed pretty cool, but it got closed for being spam, mainly, I guess because there was no topic whatsoever, but the thread kept going just fine.

I realize this is probably going to get closed, and I hope I don't get a warning or get banned.
I'm not dissing the mods, or trying to start a "revolution" but everyone keeps saying that The Pit just isn't as good as it used to be, and among other reasons, it may be because there are a bunch of threads that may have potential but get closed for being "spam" or similar to older threads, etc.

Threads should get closed but when there's a good reason for it, I mean, may be a thread is about nothing, but as long as it keeps going and its good, why close it?

Am I the only one who thinks this?

TL;DR: May be mods should be more flexible with closing threads.

Mods: Don't take this as an offense, please don't ban me.

Don't count on it. Mods are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.
The mods do as the mods do. Don't bother fighting, you wont change anything.
I actually think they make good decisions in spam classification.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
ever thought that the threads NEED to be closed down, there seems to be an influc of "newbies" creating really pointless threads lately, and older veterens getting bored and following suit.

Personally it seems to me that the majority of closed thread really deserve to be shut.
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
I know what you mean... like Slash42's thread a couple weeks ago was so awesome, but it got closed.... I don't understand where topics like that, WHERE PEOPLE TRY AND HAVE CONVERSATION get closed, but that stupid "what would you say if you woke up to find the guy above you in your bed" game is STILL around...

I know what you're saying.
I'm picking up what you're putting down.
I smell what you're stepping in.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I thought mods rode about on scooters with excessive wing mirrors and flags on them
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
^i stepped in period blood, what does it smell like?
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Quote by Powerhouse
Don't count on it. Mods are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

damnit i forgot what episode that's a reference to !
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
alot of threads NEED to be closed, however the mods are alot more stricter that they used to be.
when I joined many a spam thread was never closed because it was witty and the people who posted in it extended the wittiness, however lately there have been to many idiots who spam threads with 4chan memes, and that really needs to be cut at the roots.

I think the mods are doing a good job now, and even carmel, who I used to think was a super-hard-ass, has gotten the feeling of which threads really need to be closed and which threads are okay. go carmel, you're okay now!
Quote by centorium
ever thought that the threads NEED to be closed down, there seems to be an influc of "newbies" creating really pointless threads lately, and older veterens getting bored and following suit.

Personally it seems to me that the majority of closed thread really deserve to be shut.

you sir, are right.
Quote by Just_Matt
Howdy fellow Pit monkeys, so I was lurking as I usually do and there were a couple of threads closed before I could post.

The Logan and Devin thread seemed pretty cool, but it got closed for being spam, mainly, I guess because there was no topic whatsoever, but the thread kept going just fine.

I realize this is probably going to get closed, and I hope I don't get a warning or get banned.
I'm not dissing the mods, or trying to start a "revolution" but everyone keeps saying that The Pit just isn't as good as it used to be, and among other reasons, it may be because there are a bunch of threads that may have potential but get closed for being "spam" or similar to older threads, etc.

Threads should get closed but when there's a good reason for it, I mean, may be a thread is about nothing, but as long as it keeps going and its good, why close it?

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Mods: Don't take this as an offense, please don't ban me.

The bolded part puts any further opinion in doubt, because that thread sucked balls.
Quote by djmay71

you sir, are right.

Smurf yeah
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick

Quote by Aerokizzombie

Quote by CodChick

Quote by MCMXCII

I'm scary
Quote by Yeti60
I know what you mean... like Slash42's thread a couple weeks ago was so awesome, but it got closed.... I don't understand where topics like that, WHERE PEOPLE TRY AND HAVE CONVERSATION get closed, but that stupid "what would you say if you woke up to find the guy above you in your bed" game is STILL around...

I know what you're saying.
I'm picking up what you're putting down.
I smell what you're stepping in.

thats why there is a comment section on proflies
Quote by CoreysMonster
alot of threads NEED to be closed, however the mods are alot more stricter that they used to be.
when I joined many a spam thread was never closed because it was witty and the people who posted in it extended the wittiness, however lately there have been to many idiots who spam threads with 4chan memes, and that really needs to be cut at the roots.

I think the mods are doing a good job now, and even carmel, who I used to think was a super-hard-ass, has gotten the feeling of which threads really need to be closed and which threads are okay. go carmel, you're okay now!

I like how you were like ' Carmel used to close down threads like a motherb*tch' then you saved your ass by saying 'You're ok now'
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by MightyAl
The bolded part puts any further opinion in doubt, because that thread sucked balls.

I didnt actually read much of it as it got closed, so I didnt bother, I gave that example cos it was the last one I saw, and it could had been good if it hadnt been closed.

And I do realize there are some threads that indeed need to be closed, but there are some that dont.

And +1 to Yeti60 and thanks for getting me
Quote by therealtater
thats why there is a comment section on proflies

Fair enough
AROUND THE WORLD

This is more for discussion of topics that aren't covered by other forums. Its not a chat its a discussion forum. That's why pointless threads get closed. This thread however actually has a point and is a discussion, This isn't spam.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
This is more for discussion of topics that aren't covered by other forums. Its not a chat its a discussion forum. That's why pointless threads get closed. This thread however actually has a point and is a discussion, This isn't spam.

Sounds pretty similar to me.
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60

nu uh

discussion= I like X its compelling, what do you think?

chat= look X!
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick

Quote by Aerokizzombie

Quote by CodChick

Quote by MCMXCII

I'm scary
Quote by Yeti60

What I mean is pointless threads that have no topic. I used ****ty phrasing, what I mean is organized discussion. Threads should be around a certain topic, not just random chatting.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by centorium
nu uh

discussion= I like X its compelling, what do you think?

chat= look X!

Very small differences, I think.

Chat/discussion/conversation/talk are pretty interchangeable.

But in your definition a "discussion" is closer to what I was talking about earlier with "conversation-like" threads being closed.
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Hellish_Wolf
What I mean is pointless threads that have no topic. I used ****ty phrasing, what I mean is organized discussion. Threads should be around a certain topic, not just random chatting.

Oh I agree... what I mean with conversation is that this thread that Slash42 started talked about a specific aspect and a conversation arose from it that didn't have a whole lot of strict criteria but was interesting nonetheless.

and sorry for the double post.
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60
Very small differences, I think.

Chat/discussion/conversation/talk are pretty interchangeable.

But in your definition a "discussion" is closer to what I was talking about earlier with "conversation-like" threads being closed.

true. I dunno we are allowed some "chat" threads such as gentleman thread or huggin thread, no discussion there. Maybe the key is to create context where the chat can happen?
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick

Quote by Aerokizzombie

Quote by CodChick

Quote by MCMXCII

I'm scary
Quote by centorium
true. I dunno we are allowed some "chat" threads such as gentleman thread or huggin thread, no discussion there. Maybe the key is to create context where the chat can happen?

Yeah, that makes the most sense. Quality threads that leave room for discussion and whatnot... rather than "your favorite bands thread" or "stereotype the user above you thread" where no one really reads any other post.
AROUND THE WORLD

I personally close threads that break the rules. I don't go by any "this is not what I like so let's close it". I have no personal vendetta against anyone, though some may think so. I always reply to PMs asking me why a thread was closed, some I even reopen.

For example: if you think the rules of the pit are too strict and something should be done about it, you should post in the site feedback forum. Not in the pit.

*closed*

This is not a pipe