I'm bored waiting for my delay pedal to get here, so I thought, "Oh, what would happen if I plugged my guitar straight into the effects return." I like how it sounds (does "raw" mean anything? Heh. I bet it'd be able to get a great DIY-punk tone if I used a pick and maybe a P-Bass (though I don't think I'd do it often)); I'm wondering if anybody knows if it could harm the amp or something?

(random, but I can't wait for it to come. Delay + Bass = Sexy)

(oh, another aside, I thought that my "volume" would control. (I know the gain and EQ would be bypassed), but I'm pretty sure it was just the volume knob on my bass doing anything. Maybe because I didn't send anything? Iduno)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Mar 6, 2009,
I tried it myself. You're right. Love the tone! I can use my preamp on my bass for tone shaping and I'm good. problem is i seem to not have nearly the volume anymore. Maybe if I mic'd the speaker into a PA it would be great. or mic the speaker for recording. I don't believe this will hurt anything unless you use a pedal(or multiple pedals) to boost your signal to the point where it's louder than if you would normally turn up the amp. Maybe i'm missing something there but i think it makes sense.

EDIT: My volume knobs also do nothing. It seems the post gain is just that. It's right after the preamp stage and before the power amp. The effects in(or pwr. amp in on my amp) goes straight into the power amp. The power amp itself isn't adjustable but something before it adjusts the incoming signal.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Last edited by Revelation at Mar 6, 2009,
Sounds about right. I'm wondering what it would be like to have some sort of gain effect and use that as a preamp (again, I sort of expected your response on the whole boosting thing). This would basically mean I'm at the mercy of a cab instead of the amp's head.

I thought of this idea for some sort of biamping as well. Take the effects send and put that into the input of another amp. I'm not sure if this would work how I'd think it would (I'm pretty sure it works with output, but that would consist of running through the preamp of the initial amplifier).
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Yes you could run through the preamp of one amplifier and then use the effects send to go into another amps effects return. Put an Equalizer pedal and some other effects in there and play with a stereo sound. You could possible put a crossover in there somehow with two outputs(one high one low. I have no idea if they make single units for retail but they might) If you've got two amps with enough speakers for them why bother buying an amp that can biamp itself eh?

Also even if your cab can handle the supposed wattage with a boost pedal you will start to clip the power amp at some point and that can blow speakers too. you shouldn't go louder than the amp usually goes. Hell, loud enough and you'll blow the power amp!
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu