ok how do u get pickup covers off? i know reallly stupid question and i sound like a noob, but i want to know how my sg would look
SEX!!!!

made u look
so youve got an SG= humbuckers

You can remove the covers one of two ways:

1. A high power soldering iron to melt the solder, or

2. a saw to cut through the solder, usually a dremel electric drill with the disc attachment.

If you are desperate and lazy, you can remove them using a flat blade screwdriver to break the solder. This way the nickel covers are damaged and can't be reused.

Removing the covers increases the gain (why guitarists in the 70's removed them on Gibsons), but makes the pickup noisier.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by christianrokr25
ok how do u get pickup covers off? i know reallly stupid question and i sound like a noob, but i want to know how my sg would look

use photoshop...
that way you won't nothin' up...
BLAZE ON!

2006 Epiphone '58 Korina V
2008 Aslin Dane Bohemian
Real Sound Mars Twin Tube Distortion/Overdrive
Crate dxj112 amp
Dunlop HighGain used as expression pedal
yeah, there will be too much wax on them, if u even get the cover off, the pup might break or just look REALLY bad..
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
I've taken covers off humbies before. It's a bitch, but if you aren't drunk or high, you won't eff it up (just keep EVERYTHING away from the coils). It'll be encased in a brick of wax. Just scrape it off.
You're shitting me. What's so complicated about melting solder and scraping off wax? Nothing, unless your IQ is less than a potato's. And I doubt TS is dumber than a potato.