I'm looking to trade up my Epiphone Les Paul Standard for a Les Paul Prophecy EX. I dont know if I should sell the Standard at Guitar Center or sell it on Ebay or something, which is part of my question. I've had my Standard since spring of 06 and its great but the Prophecy interests me because of its slim neck, 24 frets, EMG pickups, basically a metal LP. I mainly play metal music so this really interests me. Plus it looks very nice.

So, my question is should I sell/trade in my Standard for an EX? If so where, and to anyone who owns or has played the EX, how do you like it? I plan on playing it before doing anything.
"Music is my religion." - Jimi Hendrix

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal
Be prepared on a trade, to most likely have to put some money in with your LP

But if you wanna do it, man, do it. It seems like itd better suit you, and Ive played a few and liked them, so just make sure its what you want before you get it and then regret it
well i am in the same situation. i have the standard to. but hat i think i am going to do is just put emg's in my standard. the 81 in the bridge and 60 in the neck.b/c i dont want to sell it or but a hellraiser b/c its 650 or 700.
hoped that helped
Be careful trading at Guitar Center, I've heard of (at least the one in my town) them screwing people over on trades.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
well i am in the same situation. i have the standard to. but hat i think i am going to do is just put emg's in my standard. the 81 in the bridge and 60 in the neck.b/c i dont want to sell it or but a hellraiser b/c its 650 or 700.
hoped that helped

^^^^You guys are going to miss the playoffs this year.

The EMG's are sweet and combined with a Les Paul, its a great combo. I say go for it.
If everything could ever feel this real forever,
If anything could ever be this good again,
The only thing I'll ever ask of you,
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when.
All I have is a 15 watt Marshall practice amp. I also use a Digitech RP250 modeling processor which gives me some cool tones.

I'm definitely going to check out the EX, and if I like it which I think I will, I'll see how much I can get for my Standard. Thanks for the info.
"Music is my religion." - Jimi Hendrix

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal