Hey, im 4 months into playing and should be uploaded the first acoustic song ive written, as soon as i can find somthing to record myself. Only problem is on the higher notes(thin strings) i keep getting unwanted pull off noises, i try and let them off as softly as possibly but this just slows it down to much.
Is this somthing i just have to deal with? or am i doing somthing wrong?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Last edited by Jiggzy.UK at Mar 6, 2009,
hmm you could be actually pulling off without realising it. Try lifting your finger directly away from the fretboard (there will be a tiny pull of noise after that but almostunnoticable).
you could hold the note until the next one (unless you dont want that of course).
You could deaden it with the edge of your palm after youve played it.
or you could try and keep practising see if it gets any better.

Also for the recording, for free and for rough ideas download 'audacity' and buy a guitar lead to mic(headphone size) adapter to go straight inot a laptop or computer.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Nice advice, cheers i'll check ou the thread leephan pointed out, and the programme charlie flynn recomended

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."