At some point in the near future i want to put a stencil or some kind of design on my guitar (black squier strat if it makes any difference). Ive been makin stencils and stuff lately and ive looked on the internet and other threads for help but to no avail.

have any of you done this and have you any tips or ideas that could prevent me from mucking it up.

(this is my first post so inform me if i have done anything wrong, sorry for the lengthy intro)

Thanks
I'd get a better guitar before putting a cool design on it.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
I'd get a better guitar before putting a cool design on it.

better to muck up a crap guitar than crap up a awesome guitar

practice makes perfect.
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
^exactly.

i would say use spray paint and a stencil, the clearcoat the whole guitar.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by Sad But False

practice makes perfect.

Its not the crap guitar part that bothers me because i only got it christmas and started playin a little while before that so it doesnt make any difference to me and its gonna be my only guitar for ages until i can play well enough to get another one
sand the guitar, and make your stencil out of the blue painter's tape, and very lightly cut the design out with a razor blade, so it wont look like it was done with a razor blade. ive also seen people put painter's tape on like a piece of plastic, cut the stencil out, then transfer the tape to the giuitar, strip if tape by strip.
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
Quote by Sad But False

practice makes perfect.

I dont care what guitar it is as ive only been playing a month or so, i jus want it to look good and dont want it to be ruined when i try.

EDIT: **** sorry, when i looked my last post wasnt there and wasnt there when i refreshed etc. ignore this post, i still gta get used to this
Last edited by hobson111 at Mar 6, 2009,