I've been playing for about 5 or so years, and this is a stupid question but here goes.

Here's a video of me playing a song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ85vXCvPBg

At like 0:49 seconds you can see my wrist bent over at pretty much 80 degrees or so. It's not the most comfortable way to play, but for some parts I have to play like that. Is this a sign that my strap is too low? Or preferably, is this normal? And no, I'm not gay and have extremely limp wrists. Is this likely to cause permanent damage?

I though that it's probably better to correct this before I've been playing for 20 years and it's too late to change the way I play.
Last edited by BGSM at Mar 6, 2009,
might be too high if you think about it, cause you have to reach up, i dunno, if your struggling to reach the low e string then your straps too high if its the high e string then too low
as someone who wears his guitar strap fully extended i have plenty of experience playing like that, tilt the neck up and you wont need to bend your wrist as much and it will be easier to play

edit: a little lower then profile pic for reference and my wrist typically doesn't bend more than 45 degrees
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Mar 6, 2009,
^ Yeah, I usually do that.

Also, people that rate videos one star are bitches.
Maybe you should try when the neck has an angle of 45 degrees from your body?

I've rated your vid with 4 stars
Yeah, raising the strap and tilting the neck helps loads. Can't beleive I didn't realise this earlier, haha. Cheers for the ratings