yea, I'm thinking about buying a new guitar, but i suck at picking them out. could i have some help?

k, here are the details. I'm a beginner-intermediate player, play mostly rock, metal, and classic rock. I am on a tight budget, so probably nothing above 200- 300. Any suggestions? thanks.
I would say look for a used HSS MIM Strat. They're pretty versatile and they play nicely.
whats your current guitar? what currency is that? if it's USD, that won't buy you much over a starter pack in terms of quality. if you are desperate for a guitar now, you could check out rondomusic.com or a low end ibanez. put some detail into your post next time.

also, you might want to tell us your amp as well, because that matters more than the guitar does.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
I would go with either Dean, Jackson, ESP or Ibanez. But it really depends on what style guitar you like. There's a lot of guitars around that price range...Good luck with your choosing!
Quote by cthuludawn21
whats your current guitar? what currency is that? if it's USD, that won't buy you much over a starter pack in terms of quality. if you are desperate for a guitar now, you could check out rondomusic.com or a low end ibanez. put some detail into your post next time.

also, you might want to tell us your amp as well, because that matters more than the guitar does.

my current guitar is a fender starcaster, and i have a roland micro cube amp. (dude, I'm only thirteen!) that would be USD, and I'm not desperate for a guitar. I just would like to get a new one, thats all. is that detailed enough?