any ideas in how to do it?
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
knife, be careful not to go too deep or you will get serious fret buzz
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
What Kind of strat do you have? (American or mexican?)
Is the bridge flush with the body or floating?
How often do you use the tremolo?
Do you have locking tuners?
What gauge strings?

Theres a lot of other things this could be. If you need strat help I'm the guy for you! lol
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
What Kind of strat do you have? (American or mexican?)
Is the bridge flush with the body or floating?
How often do you use the tremolo?
Do you have locking tuners?
What gauge strings?

Theres a lot of other things this could be. If you need strat help I'm the guy for you! lol

vintage trem
only when I'm doing some van halen
idk but they're grover
12's in Eb
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by Sakattack75
vintage trem
only when I'm doing some van halen
idk but they're grover
12's in Eb

Vintage trem's don't stay in tune vary well. One thing you could do it to keep it in tune better is tighten the two outer screws and raise the middle four to 1/16 of an inch above the bridge. DO NOT REMOVE THE FOUR INNER SCREWS! THEY NEED TO BE THERE FOR STABILITY BECAUSE THE TWO OUTER ONES ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE THERE ALONE. ALSO DON'T ADJUST THIS (or on any trem) WHILE THE STRINGS ARE ON! YOU WILL HURT THE BRIDGE!

I've never herd of grover's on a strat???

If your doing floyd rose stuff via van halen, your strats gonna go out of tune regardless.

Locking tuners will improve the tuning greatly a lot.

Thats all I got for now
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
Vintage trem's don't stay in tune vary well. One thing you could do it to keep it in tune better is tighten the two outer screws and raise the middle four to 1/16 of an inch above the bridge. DO NOT REMOVE THE FOUR INNER SCREWS! THEY NEED TO BE THERE FOR STABILITY BECAUSE THE TWO OUTER ONES ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE THERE ALONE. ALSO DON'T ADJUST THIS (or on any trem) WHILE THE STRINGS ARE ON! YOU WILL HURT THE BRIDGE!

I've never herd of grover's on a strat???

If your doing floyd rose stuff via van halen, your strats gonna go out of tune regardless.

Locking tuners will improve the tuning greatly a lot.

Thats all I got for now

alrite I'll try that
yea it's a replacement neck so I stuck some grovers in it
not floyd rose stuff, just a bunch of dives on harmonics
and I realized that I tend to shake a bar on bar chords
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Well, widening the nut (though I think you probably meant widening the nut slots, either way) won't help tuning.

A Strat vibrato can't do Van Halen mad whammy antics. You need to accept that first and foremost. If you want to do that, you have to get a Floyd Rose double locking vibrato bridge system. The one on Strats just can't do it, simple as that.

With that said, with regular use you shouldn't experience any tuning issues. I've had cheap Squier strats that I could divebomb with and return to perfect tune fine.

There's a few things you should consider:
1) You are probably restringing the guitar incorrectly. That is the #1 reason why Strats (or in fact any type of guitar) have tuning problems.
2) The strings you're using are too thick for how your guitar is set up. .12 strings just for tuning to Eb? If you want to keep that then you'll need to add another spring to your bridge and you'll have to tighten up the spring claw. For reference, to have a Stratocaster in Eb tuning .10 strings are usually what's used, and even those need the spring tension increased in the bridge.
3) The strings could be simply binding in the nut or bridge saddles. Check the nut and the bridge saddles for any 'flash' (excess flakes of metal), excess plastic, random fluff, etc. Clear anything like that out, then try rubbing some graphite (pencil lead) into each nut slot. There's also a product called Big Bends Nut Sauce that can be used to lubricate both the nut and the bridge. With clear nut slots, clear bridge saddles and a little lubrication, that should stop your strings binding (if that is even the problem).
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^lube the string contact points, string correctly like said, and make sure the bridge is balanced.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by MrFlibble
A Strat vibrato can't do Van Halen mad whammy antics. You need to accept that first and foremost. If you want to do that, you have to get a Floyd Rose double locking vibrato bridge system. The one on Strats just can't do it, simple as that.

what do you think he used before the floyd?

a synchronised strat trem! they can(if setup properly) stay in tune after heavy whammy usage. its just that floyds so it SOOOOO much better!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B