Today and yesterday my fingetips's calluses have started to hurt again. The only explanation I may have for this is that I've practiced my chords alot more (my changes were quite on the slow side hehe )It's only the tips that hurt; if I play more with the side or the pad of my finger no problem, but the tips have this strange pain that feels kind of like a burning pinching sensation.

Has this ever happened to any of you that their calluses started hurting again? Is what I am experiencing normal? When will it pass?
I'm teh worried that I can't practice t3h 8r00t4lz enough !
yeah it passes, my fingers hurt so much i had to stop playing the other day, and ive been playing 4 3 years. if u are exposed to a lot of water swimming and other stuff, your fingers become less caliced too, so they will start hurting when u play guitar after swimming a lot
Assuming the skin hasn't torn loose, a dab of rubbing alcohol will bring the callouses back quickly, plus ease the pain to boot.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Well my 1st and 3rd finger's callouses aren't torn but my 2nd finger's is a bit dammaged...
Keep playing, it will pass. The skin on my index and middle finger has torn lose one week ago, but now it's there again
My fingers are hurting at the moment, don't worry, the skin on the tips of your fingers will strengthen and it wont as bad as it is now.
That's not a problem at all... but the problem if your skin didn't torn and the skin goes dead
you'll start to hear a finger noise which is quite annoying
The rubbing alcohol trick will create a layer of dead skin on the tips of your fingers, and its irritating to play like that, but in a few weeks it will wear off and the skin underneath will be much tougher. My fingertips look normal, but the ones on my left hand are much harder than the ones on the right. The change seems somewhat permanent; I've been on the road for as long as sixteen weeks with no guitar but my fingers stayed tough.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break