Poll: Do you own a knockoff guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you own a knockoff guitar?
Yes
32 54%
No
27 46%
Voters: 59.
Do you own a copy of a guitar that is rather popular? Some examples would be the agile copys, ESp guitar copies, Aria, Crestline,and any others you may own.

Rules: no copaines owned by the brand being copied.This means no Epiphone, Squire, Jasmine, or any other comanies owned by the original maker.I'll start

a Hondo II Les Paul Copy. Its has the same fret board inlays as a lp custom, it weights 10 pounds, has a 3 way toggle, 2 humbuckers, and a tunomatic and a stopbar
Crestline telecaster. 2 single coil pickups. an ash try pickup cover thingy, dot fretboard inlays, fender style headstock, and a 3 way toggle switch, les paul style.

Hondo 2 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVpNaJ2LU44&feature=related
nope i sold mine
had that hondo thing
but i sold it to some kid for like £20
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Pac_man0123
I don't own one but that has a les paul style headstock, mate, not fender.

No, the crestline telecaster( never shown in my videos ) has the fender headstock.The Hondo has a LP style headstock.Not exactly, but who cares!
I dunno if a saga would be considered a knock off.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Nope. I have an Epi Hummingbird and an Eastwood Airline, but I wouldn't count either of those since they're licensed to some extent.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Yes. A crappy beginner starter set Strat. Anyone wanna buy it for $25?
If everything could ever feel this real forever,
If anything could ever be this good again,
The only thing I'll ever ask of you,
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when.
I recently traded an amp and starter electric guitar for an ESP LTD EX400. It was a good trade, seeing as the guy only needed practice stuff and I was GAS'ing for an explorer shapeand didn't want to shell out for a '58 or an original.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
TS, I hear those Hondo LP copies can be some really kick-ass guitars, sounds like you got a good one, kudos!

I myself?
I've got a 70's Ibanez Strat knockoff, an Epiphone Strat Copy and an Epiphone P-bass copy.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
There just something about a Les Paul with bolt-on neck that doesn't click for me.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

My Rally LP copy, and technically my Warmoth Telecaster (though Warmoth does have a license from Fender to make exact copy bodies and necks).

Nowt wrong with copies. The name on the headstock changes nothing. So long as the body and neck are good, go for it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
aww man. I accidentally wrote yes before seeing the Squier, Epiphone bit.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
I own a Dean EVO Special Select- the EVO is somewhat based on the LP.

I also own a John Kammerer hollowbody guitar with a body shape reminiscent of the SG.
http://jonkammererguitars.com/detail.php?recordID=77
(mine is a blueburst, though)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 6, 2009,
A metallic purple Hondo II strat copy. You can tell its about the cheapest guitar in the world just by picking it up. My brother bought it when i was around 6, so its been around for about 11/12 years.

I traded him two xbox games for it when i was about 13, and at the time it still had the same strings on it that came on it when he bought it. (talk about rusty strings!) Now though, i have it and a Takamine and a Epi LP, and i still find myself picking up my "Purple Monster" at just about every moment. I cant help but love how horribly wonderful it sounds!
Quote by Senada
A metallic purple Hondo II strat copy. You can tell its about the cheapest guitar in the world just by picking it up. My brother bought it when i was around 6, so its been around for about 11/12 years.

I traded him two xbox games for it when i was about 13, and at the time it still had the same strings on it that came on it when he bought it. (talk about rusty strings!) Now though, i have it and a Takamine and a Epi LP, and i still find myself picking up my "Purple Monster" at just about every moment. I cant help but love how horribly wonderful it sounds!

thats just weird tbh

but its purple

and purple is the best
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by MrFlibble
My Rally LP copy, and technically my Warmoth Telecaster (though Warmoth does have a license from Fender to make exact copy bodies and necks).

Nowt wrong with copies. The name on the headstock changes nothing. So long as the body and neck are good, go for it.

wait, is yours that black and white one? (nevermind, I checked your profile, it is!) Holy hell, I just about fell out of my chair when I saw that thing, that's a sweet tele, man.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I own two strat copies I don't use, one because it's one of the crap $100 ones, the other because it's tuning keys are broken. I own a PRS copy that I actively use, and I'm looking into buying a nice tele copy soon. If it plays, sounds and feels good, I don't give a damn about the name on the head.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7